i have TMT should i buy TM2 as well?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

vittoriot1

i have TMT should i buy TM2 as well?

Post by vittoriot1 »

So i have this question since i have trackmania turbo and tm2 standium and valley should i buy tm2 canyon and lagoon as well? (TMT connection also doesn't work right so i can't play costum maps there,maybe that's a uplay issue but idk)
TMarc

Re: i have TMT should i buy TM2 as well?

Post by TMarc »

You have the choice :)

Basically, with TMT, you have similar environments, although the games are not fully compatible with each other.

On the other hand, TMT is somehow special, and does not allow lot of customization, as you already know.

So, if you want to use custom titles like RPG, use custom objects, car skins etc. and want to be independent,
then you should get all Trackmania² titles and register them on the same Maniaplanet login, of course.
nailbomb69

Post by nailbomb69 »

Unless you're into the creative side of trackmania I wouldn't even bother with maniaplanet
Miss

Post by Miss »

nailbomb69 wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 15:54 Unless you're into the creative side of trackmania I wouldn't even bother with maniaplanet
What? Why? There's a lot more players on Maniaplanet than on Turbo, as well (if you're playing on PC).
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
nailbomb69

Post by nailbomb69 »

A lot more players? Well that's a vague thing to say not everyone is in your location or timezone. Shall I go online now and come back with how many players are online currently on all titles. If you live in New Zealand and want to play online you best like LOL maps cause that's all there is with "lots of players" and don't even bother saying there's heaps of people on the channels when people buy the titles I'm sure they don't want to be paying for a game just to play on channels kind of makes purchasing it redundant.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I think you could say the exact same about timezones for Turbo, and there still would be more players in Maniaplanet. Also, you wrote that at 8 PM CET which is the prime time for people to be playing. :P

Also, channels don't let you do everything, for example you can't change your in-game display name and you can't chat. (Unless they changed the chat restriction, I'm not sure.. I keep hearing mixed reports on that.)

Plus, OP does mention they want to play custom maps. So there's that.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Trackmania 2”