Modding bugs (stadium)

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

PLTX

Modding bugs (stadium)

Post by PLTX »

Hello, I'm actually working on several mods but I'm encountering some problems (coming from maniaplanet itself) :
There is a bug on the normal map of the freewheel texture "StadiumRoadFreeWheelingN", what shows is the normal map of the turbo... "StadiumRoadTurboN".
Same thing for "StadiumRoadFreeWheelingDetails" with "StadiumRoadTurboDetails".

I had another problem : Normal maps of "StadiumCircuitLogoN" & "StadiumStartLogoN" are not working (showing) and instead shows the default normal maps.
For "StadiumWarpAuvent2" it's almost the same problem, but this time it is its specular wich is not working, it stays with the default specular for this block. (but glows too much, for whatever reason...)

Also, Some textures are really degraded / pixelated even if the original texture file is HD. (ex: zepplin, StadiumCircuitLogoD...)

Another problem is that mods converted in .pack.gbx does not work online on a server, yes they seems to download but no they don't show on the map... (even by trying to restart the map / change game's launcher settings / trying with another mod / deleting the whole cache and trying again) nothing makes it work.
Only works in local play.

These bugs are quite annoying. :x Please check other links between Blocks and their Normal & Specular maps, there may are other problems.

In hope for an answer, thank you.
mGuy

Re: Modding bugs (stadium)

Post by mGuy »

PLTX wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 19:34 Hello, I'm actually working on several mods but I'm encountering some problems (coming from maniaplanet itself) :
There is a bug on the normal map of the freewheel texture "StadiumRoadFreeWheelingN", what shows is the normal map of the turbo... "StadiumRoadTurboN".
Same thing for "StadiumRoadFreeWheelingDetails" with "StadiumRoadTurboDetails".

I had another problem : Normal maps of "StadiumCircuitLogoN" & "StadiumStartLogoN" are not working (showing) and instead shows the default normal maps.
For "StadiumWarpAuvent2" it's almost the same problem, but this time it is its specular wich is not working, it stays with the default specular for this block. (but glows too much, for whatever reason...)

Also, Some textures are really degraded / pixelated even if the original texture file is HD. (ex: zepplin, StadiumCircuitLogoD...)

Another problem is that mods converted in .pack.gbx does not work online on a server, yes they seems to download but no they don't show on the map... (even by trying to restart the map / change game's launcher settings / trying with another mod / deleting the whole cache and trying again) nothing makes it work.
Only works in local play.

These bugs are quite annoying. :x Please check other links between Blocks and their Normal & Specular maps, there may are other problems.

In hope for an answer, thank you.
  • For "StadiumCircuitLogo" & "StadiumStartLogo" try editing StadiumWarpPub8X1N.dds
  • "StadiumWarpAuvent2" is called "StadiumControlAuvent2" and his normal map file should be named StadiumControlAuvent2S.dds while D and S stay StadiumWarpAuvent2D.dds and StadiumWarpAuvent2S.dds
  • for those freewheeling stuff it really seems to be a bug cuz normal maps you listed are correct
I hope this helped a bit :D Cheers :thumbsup:
»»m-Guy««

Also known as : sorrow , metal_guy_21 , metal_guy_22

Twitch : m-Guy's Twitch channel
Discord : m-Guy #2789
Youtube : m-Guy's Youtube channel
Maniaplanet username : sorrowcroatia1996

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”