Old Trackmania CD

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

SaleN95

Old Trackmania CD

Post by SaleN95 » 01 Dec 2019, 21:13

Hi. I have this CD , I found it in our attic in a box but unfortunately it is in bad condition so my pc does not read it. 😞 Can you help my someway? I rly want to stream this game for my little audience before my Trackmania Turbo stream 🙂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miss

Re: Old Trackmania CD

Post by Miss » 01 Dec 2019, 22:04

Heh, even if you did manage to get the contents off the disc your PC probably wouldn't run it because it doesn't run on Windows 10 as far as I know.

You should consider getting TrackMania United Forever on Steam if you want to play the old TrackMania environments. :thumbsup:
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

MatheusKS

Re: Old Trackmania CD

Post by MatheusKS » 02 Dec 2019, 02:16

Miss wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:04
Heh, even if you did manage to get the contents off the disc your PC probably wouldn't run it because it doesn't run on Windows 10 as far as I know.
I remember TMS and TMN ESWC had StarForce bundled, and SF is known to have issues with Windows versions newer than XP. Running TMN on Win 7 was a painful task. Gladly TM Forever removed that.

If OP manages to read that CD, he can try to run it using a virtual machine running Windows XP, but it'll be a terrible experience.

Anyway, keep it in your collection even if it doesn't work because, you know, it's a rarity.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster

Return to “Off-Topics”