Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Kakkou

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by Kakkou »

I'm really hyped to see what' this new trackmania will bring to us. A bit confused with the differents options that we could see in the menu, the "Fullspeed Tech" is really interesting. But, I also have some fears, as a FullSpeed player, I hope tricks such as Speed Drift will still be a thing in this game cause without, fullspeed is purely annoying. Anyway, looking forward like everyone else to see what's Ubi Nadeos devs will reveal about the game next Mondey (2nd March 2020).

For those who can't wait to see if it's gonna be free or not, Sardoche (the french caster of the TMGL Winter edition 2020) said on his streams that he has an inside infos about the price. He said that the game will be pretty cheap and it might be a free version of the game where you could still play with yours friends. This is the link of the clip for the most curious of you (obviusly it's in french) : https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyLongBobaSmoocherZ
Electron

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by Electron »

From what I've seen so far, this seems to be a Trackmania spin-off specifically for eSports. The sterile, simple retro-look of the menus, the cars and the blocks suggest this to me. We all wanted a simpler and clearer design. But that's a little too much for me.

As a Dirt fan, I was particularly put off by the boring Dirt blocks. I hope that some decorative elements and obstacles will be added to the blocks.

It doesn't look like arcade fun for casual players to me yet. But I like to be positively surprised.
And if it should really be an offshoot just for eSports, then it would certainly be perfect.
TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

@nadeo lets hope the import of tmn eswc maps work or i and everyone else i play with will not touch this game ever. I don't care about tmf or mp maps but the tmn eswc maps are a must.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Electron wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 15:33 From what I've seen so far, this seems to be a Trackmania spin-off specifically for eSports. The sterile, simple retro-look of the menus, the cars and the blocks suggest this to me. We all wanted a simpler and clearer design. But that's a little too much for me.

As a Dirt fan, I was particularly put off by the boring Dirt blocks. I hope that some decorative elements and obstacles will be added to the blocks.

It doesn't look like arcade fun for casual players to me yet. But I like to be positively surprised.
And if it should really be an offshoot just for eSports, then it would certainly be perfect.
The overall idea is great. And I like the interface. But the new skins... the style in general... TOO SIMPLE.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Let's see what they will come up with. Hylis said, the deco blocks are not done yet and I am sure there will be a lot more added in terms of roads and other useful driving blocks. For now, I am really hyped :P
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Trackmania 2: Stadium 2? What is even the purpose of this?

- Is this going to be freeware like nations?
- Is this another maniaplanet title to bring more confusion?
- Why splitscreen was removed?

Even if it's reboot of the series, it's still the same engine, only 1 envi, still the same problems with attracting new folks to play. I truly don't get this.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

djhubertus wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 20:51 Trackmania 2: Stadium 2? What is even the purpose of this?

- Is this going to be freeware like nations?
- Is this another maniaplanet title to bring more confusion?
- Why splitscreen was removed?

Even if it's reboot of the series, it's still the same engine, only 1 envi, still the same problems with attracting new folks to play. I truly don't get this.
- I am 100% sure it is going to be free.
- No, standalone (It hasn't been confirmed officially yet, so I am 100% sure as well)
- I could be wrong here, but I did not read it anywhere. If they did not announce it to be removed, then expect it since all other modes are back as well
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Miss

Post by Miss »

Florenzius wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 21:16(It hasn't been confirmed officially yet, so I am 100% sure as well)
Ah yes of course

Either way, I'm certain there will be engine upgrades in one way or another with all these improvements for all the other environments as well. The entire thing smells exactly like TM Turbo did.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Toninus

Post by Toninus »

Looks nice overall !
- But it's still Stadium with Stadium gameplay. If it's not just a first brick for a new TM game, then I hope the season content will add different vehicles and physics. The buggy from Turbo Lagoon wouldn't look bad, it just needs its performances to be scaled to the environment (= acceleration and max speed lowered).
- I'm a little disappointed that the background stadium still looks very much like the original one. Doesn't look as fresh as the blocks redesign. Would have loved a completely new one.
- I hope collisions in races will finally be possible (optional of course, but still a feature thought from start). I'm having a lot of fun with Wreckfest and I would love to play something like that with crazy TM tracks.
- The car model really needs a rollbar. I feel bad for the driver neck.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 02:44 Looks nice overall !
- But it's still Stadium with Stadium gameplay. If it's not just a first brick for a new TM game, then I hope the season content will add different vehicles and physics. The buggy from Turbo Lagoon wouldn't look bad, it just needs its performances to be scaled to the environment (= acceleration and max speed lowered).
- I'm a little disappointed that the background stadium still looks very much like the original one. Doesn't look as fresh as the blocks redesign. Would have loved a completely new one.
- I hope collisions in races will finally be possible (optional of course, but still a feature thought from start). I'm having a lot of fun with Wreckfest and I would love to play something like that with crazy TM tracks.
- The car model really needs a rollbar. I feel bad for the driver neck.
I don't think more vehicles would help. Note, this is not supposed to be Turbo 2 or bring the same arcade-style. The main focus lies on e-sports here, so I assume only the StadiumCar will be the vehicle. The same goes for collisions. I think online they would not make any sense at all (and be very hard to implement properly) and who knows how much new stuff they want to add for solo modes. This is all still very WIP and I think much will still change in the upcoming weeks.
I don't know if I am right here :D But from what I understand they want to do with the game, I don't think they want to add the craziest stuff like they did in Turbo, since the main point is the re-entry in e-sports.
Tomorrow we will know much more I guess :pil
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT

Return to “Announcements”