Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

CatWithScarf

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by CatWithScarf »

thewne wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 08:25 When you open Trackmania 2, it says there should be another announcement on March 2nd (today), so what's this about? :o
Forum post with more details about upcoming Trackmania. :thumbsup:
Miss

Re: Announcement by Hylis and Zerator at 8 PM CET on FEB, 28th during TMGL PlayOffs!

Post by Miss »

Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 22:11Yes but it's just a remake of a game that hasn't aged that much visually. And worked fine in e-sports.
Yes, and now it's gonna look even better and is gonna be more accessible. What's your point? :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Toninus

Post by Toninus »

Miss wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 13:18
Toninus wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 22:11Yes but it's just a remake of a game that hasn't aged that much visually. And worked fine in e-sports.
Yes, and now it's gonna look even better and is gonna be more accessible. What's your point? :P
The fact it's almost the same game ? And isn't TM2 stadium pretty accessible already ?
Miss

Post by Miss »

In its own ways, sure. But there are several points you gotta take into account:

1. There are reports that this game will have a free tier. That makes it VERY accessible, just like the original Nations (which is very different from TM2 already!)
2. Maniaplanet's interface is confusing for new players. A simplified UI improves accessibility. (You shouldn't need a tutorial in order to play the game.)
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
laracroft

Post by laracroft »

Miss wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 14:34 In its own ways, sure. But there are several points you gotta take into account:

1. There are reports that this game will have a free tier. That makes it VERY accessible, just like the original Nations (which is very different from TM2 already!)
2. Maniaplanet's interface is confusing for new players. A simplified UI improves accessibility. (You shouldn't need a tutorial in order to play the game.)
to be honest maniaplanets menu is highly outdated by todays standards.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I think it's just too many features all cramped into the same UI, which makes it too complex and inconsistent.
I also stream and tweet.
Adzetko

Post by Adzetko »

Florenzius wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 21:16
djhubertus wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 20:51 - Why splitscreen was removed?
- I could be wrong here, but I did not read it anywhere. If they did not announce it to be removed, then expect it since all other modes are back as well
Well splitscreen was removed in Maniaplanet 4, and if I remember correctly, someone from Nadeo said it was temporary, but unfortunately it's still not there! I think that's why djhubertus said splitscreen was removed. Personally, I hope to see it back on tracks with this new opus!
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Agreed! Would be cool to have it back ^^
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti

Return to “Announcements”