Logitech Steering wheel GT configuration

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

polemanmike

Logitech Steering wheel GT configuration

Post by polemanmike »

hi I have owned a copy of Maniaplanet for a few years now and used to be able to play it with no issue using my Logitech GT steering wheel and pedals.
I have come back to it after a lay off of a year or so and discovered that the pedals now no longer are able to be configured and that they are reversed and not working properly anyway. The brake is the accelerator and when off the pedal full reverse is the resting state. Needless to say this cause me no end of trouble and I cannot usefully play the game due to this. I have tried a different albeit Logitech steering wheel and pedals but that is just the same.
The same set up works just fine in Nations Forever and United forever as well as numerous other driving games. The setup logitech utility allows calibration etc and all appears perfect.
Have Maniaplanet ceased to support Steering Wheels for their DRIVING games? I have painful hands and cannot use the keyboard without extreme discomfort but am very happy with the wheel etc.
Is there a fix for this?
Can I get anyone's help to resolve this please?
Also has anyone else had a similar experience?
Do other manufacturers wheel work correctly. Thrustmaster etc?
Thanks in adavance
Mike
TMarc

Re: Logitech Steering wheel GT configuration

Post by TMarc »

As far as I know, nothing was changed related to the inputs.
The game can use any input that is recognized by Windows.
Typically it uses keyboard (and a mouse, which is more convenient for the menu and the editor), gamepads, wheels.

If your wheel gear can simulate keyboard key strokes then it will definitely work.

In the input settings make sure your wheel is selected as input, and then check the assignment.
Take care to not assign gas pedal and brake to the same axis.
For gamepads there is often an analog axis and a digital axis.
Gas and brake ares typically digital, like a button, where the steering is analog.

In some cases the input settings got bugged, and this can be reinitialized by deleting the file Default.SystemConfig.Gbx in your Windows documents, Maniaplanet, Config folder. That file will be created again automatically with default settings.

In the launcher application, check the advanced configuration, input settings as well.
There is a checkbox for "freeze unutilized axes", which might effect your wheel settings.

As I don't have a wheel myself, I can't tell you exactly where the problem could come from or what to do exactly, sorry.

Return to “Maniaplanet”