Weird texture after move files

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Whatsup

Weird texture after move files

Post by Whatsup »

Hi.

Man....I have a big problem. :cry:
I change my loction for store game files from D to C programdata..maniaplanet.
What you can do with the launcher and click on help.
The other folder is in orginal place in Documents maniaplanet.
So all maps are on the normal places so to say.
But now i have very weird texture ingame! :oops:
When i start the game first it looks ok.
But when i start a game..it's all black and white.
Texture and colors are gone :roflol:

I did already clean cache.
Remove a lot files..so updated it again.
Tryed the maniaplanet installer which i download.
So far..no succes...grrrr :evil:

Maybe any of you know how to fix this?

Thanks for your help :D
TMarc

Re: Weird texture after move files

Post by TMarc »

This is very streange indeed.
Did you try to clean the cache already? In the launcher application -> configure -> advanced -> peer to peer -> button clean cache
Whatsup

Post by Whatsup »

Hi TMarc

I had done it manually.
And did now what you say.
Sadly it didn't help.
It's still black and white :(

But thanks for the help :thumbsup:

========================================

EDIT:
I just notice this ERROR Log file in Documents maniaplanet.
Maybe that helps by finding the problem.
And how i can fix it :?

UGCErrorsLog

Code: Select all

<campaign> "TMCanyon@nadeo": compute_medals_from_maprecord only supported for time based rankings (maprecord_type: 2)
 ":shared:\PacksCache\TMCanyon.pak", file "Mood.MoodSetting.xml": <Mood><Atmo>Can not find xml attribute <FogUseLighting>
<manialink> file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Mockup SplitScreen2.jpg: File 'MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources\Common\Images\Ingame\ToDel\Mockup SplitScreen2.jpg' not found.
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: () File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Mockup SplitScreen2.jpg'
<manialink> file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/FakeThumbnail.dds: File 'MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources\Common\Images\Ingame\ToDel\FakeThumbnail.dds' not found.
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: () File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/FakeThumbnail.dds'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Preload) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Mockup SplitScreen2.jpg'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Preload) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/FakeThumbnail.dds'
<manialink> file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Ecran Reward Déclinaison 1.jpg: File 'MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources\Common\Images\Ingame\ToDel\Ecran Reward Déclinaison 1.jpg' not found.
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: () File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Ecran Reward Déclinaison 1.jpg'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Preload) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Ingame/ToDel/Ecran Reward Déclinaison 1.jpg'
<manialink> file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Menu/Buttons/PictoMultilap.dds: File 'MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources\Common\Images\Menu\Buttons\PictoMultilap.dds' not found.
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Quad_LogoMode) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Menu/Buttons/PictoMultilap.dds'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Preload) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Menu/Buttons/PictoMultilap.dds'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Quad_LogoMode) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Menu/Buttons/PictoMultilap.dds'
<manialink> <Playground Interface>: (Preload) File Not found: 'file://Media/MEDIABROWSER_HiddenResources/Common/Images/Menu/Buttons/PictoMultilap.dds'
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Looks like you forgot to do a backup of your personal data folder where some mods were?
Whatsup

Post by Whatsup »

Can that been the problem?

Game was working ok,
then i my thoughts where,
why not do general files on same disk where personal data is..thats c.
Used tool ingame in launcher to move the files from D to C.
And that was not the personal data..that was still in Documents map.
So i didn't change there anything.
And indeed....had not made a backup :(

I just looked by:
Cannot connect to Turbo channel server:
https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic ... 38#p313538

It looks he have same problem with Mood.MoodSetting.xml inside a PacksCache **********.pak
That i suddenly noticed...very weird :?

Thanks again for helping out :thumbsup:

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”