DediStats pages

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

Xymph

DediStats pages

Post by Xymph »

Only two years since sparking the idea, the DediStats 1 page is now online, offering summaries of the wealth of data in the Dedimania (1) master database. Statistics are available on the tracks, players, records, servers, and tools (controllers) active on TrackMania Nations/United Forever, Nations ESWC, Sunrise and Original servers around the world.

A similar DediStats 2 page for TM² is also planned, and will eventually be announced in this topic.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
nighthawk4571

Re: DediStats page(s)

Post by nighthawk4571 »

:clap: ....... :3 :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Xymph

Re: DediStats pages

Post by Xymph »

Xymph wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 12:48 A similar DediStats 2 page for TM² is also planned, and will eventually be announced in this topic.
The sequel got back-burnered a while longer than originally intended, but the DediStats 2 page is now online, offering summaries of the wealth of data in the Dedimania 2 master database. Statistics are available on the tracks, players, records, servers, and tools (controllers) active on TrackMania² Canyon, Stadium, Valley and Lagoon servers around the world.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Miss

Post by Miss »

That's really cool. Wow, someone made 7230 maps!? That's insane..
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Miss wrote: 23 May 2021, 22:03 That's really cool. Wow, someone made 7230 maps!? That's insane..
Yeah, but then again, not really surprising in view of their 9565 tracks for TM1. :shock:
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Nice work - many thanks! :thumbsup: :clap:
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Great job, thank you so much for this infopage!

Can you give us some info on the tab servers?
The ranking of the countries seems a bit odd as its mainly continents.
Also the blank nr 2 is weird.

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone.
HaagseSmurf wrote: 25 May 2021, 08:50 Can you give us some info on the tab servers?
The ranking of the countries seems a bit odd as its mainly continents.
Also the blank nr 2 is weird.
I agree, but this is simply the Country column from the servers table. Same for the players table, which shows similar anomalies.
The servers table also has a Path column (the players table doesn't), but even that has 4215 empty entries.

How this came about I don't know, that's Slig's department.
Slig

Post by Slig »

For servers, 6231 had never any map played on it... if you remove them (ie TotalRaces > 0) only 11 don't have country set (10 used last on 2014 using Fast 4.0.0t-wd , Fast 4.0.0t-ld , ManiaControl 0.01 , ManiaControl 0.12 ; 1 on 2018 using eXpansion 2.0.0.0-be)
So missing path on server is because they never really connect and so this info were never sent, or probably a bug in the controller script (or eventually in dedimania script at that date).

For players it is harder to understand. Maybe that their last connection was on a server with a buggy version of the controller script... I made a request on database and that does not seem very revelant... here the controller/version with the most players with empty country :
Tool Version count(*) Décroissant 1
XASECO2 1.03 => 60431 players with empty country
UASECO 0.9.6 => 20323
EvoSC 0.88.2 => 17617
PyPlanet 0.9.9 => 5720
XASECO2 1.02 => 4274
UASECO 0.9.5 => 4177
UASECO 0.9.7 => 3798
ManiaControl 0.256 => 2055
Fast 4.0.0t-ld => 1930
UASECO 0.9.2 => 1753
eXpansion 1.1.0.0 => 1724
PyPlanet 0.9.3 => 1675
XASECO2 1.01 => 1646
ManiaControl 0.231 => 1268
UASECO 0.9.3 => 1249
PyPlanet 0.9.10 => 1123
etc. (95 entries of 374)
I am not sure that all controllers really retrieve players info with Path/Country info from the dedicated (I don't really remember but i think that basic info don't give it, and this field was not really mandatory, so...)
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Slig wrote: 25 May 2021, 16:04 For servers, 6231 had never any map played on it... if you remove them (ie TotalRaces > 0) only 11 don't have country set (10 used last on 2014 using Fast 4.0.0t-wd , Fast 4.0.0t-ld , ManiaControl 0.01 , ManiaControl 0.12 ; 1 on 2018 using eXpansion 2.0.0.0-be)
So missing path on server is because they never really connect and so this info were never sent, or probably a bug in the controller script (or eventually in dedimania script at that date).

For players it is harder to understand. Maybe that their last connection was on a server with a buggy version of the controller script... I made a request on database and that does not seem very revelant... here the controller/version with the most players with empty country :
[...]
I am not sure that all controllers really retrieve players info with Path/Country info from the dedicated (I don't really remember but i think that basic info don't give it, and this field was not really mandatory, so...)
In XAseco2, the dedimania.PlayerConnect method does send the player's Path to the master server, but it is not stored in the database -- only Country. Why?

And for both MPL player and server tables: why is Country often the continent (2nd field in a Path string), instead of the third, country field?
At least for the server table, this could still be corrected by reprocessing the Path column?

Btw, in the Records tab I've added one more table, showing numbers of ghost and validation replays stored in the system.

Return to “General Tools”