Switch Game Modes or load pre-defined settings?

Python 3 Server Controller for Trackmania and Shootmania for script-only modes.

Moderators: TheM, toffe, NADEO

hthnightwolf

Switch Game Modes or load pre-defined settings?

Post by hthnightwolf »

Dear Forum,

I have been running several TMNF servers for quite a few years. All of them always using RemoteCP as my Stats- and GUI-Admin-Tool.
Now I am switching to Trackmania 2020 Servers and set up PyPlanet as my new Stats- and Admin-Tool. Sadly until now it comes not close at what RemoteCP did for me. I am lacking essential methods of configuring the server. Is there no external Web interface or GUI of any kind?

Mostly I am looking for a way to switch between GameModes while the server is running. Eg. by loading a Cup-Config without writing a complete settings and Start-Batch for it and restarting it. Usually the server runs on TA but now and then a Cup needs to be run.
With RemoteCP I had pre-saved profiles for every scenario with server settings and map lists for that very moment.

So, with PyPlanet - is there a way to
- administer the server Out-of-Game (eg. via Web GUI)?
- change GameMode while the server is running?
- pre-Save server settings that I can prepare in advance and load then needed (eg. a LAN-Party Tournament)?
- download and Add maps directly from the web, sort them in folders (I think I have seen this, will check again)?
toffe

Re: Switch Game Modes or load pre-defined settings?

Post by toffe »

Hi,

Unfortunately PyPlanet doesn't have a remote control webGUI. But you can still use RemoteCP with the new TM I think.
You can however switch game-modes (scripts it's called now) and load pre-saved matchsettings, however the last doesn't always work 100% because the loading of the matchsettings in the dedicated server doesn't always apply them all.

Toffe
hthnightwolf

Re: Switch Game Modes or load pre-defined settings?

Post by hthnightwolf »

toffe wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 08:05 Hi,

Unfortunately PyPlanet doesn't have a remote control webGUI. But you can still use RemoteCP with the new TM I think.
You can however switch game-modes (scripts it's called now) and load pre-saved matchsettings, however the last doesn't always work 100% because the loading of the matchsettings in the dedicated server doesn't always apply them all.

Toffe
Thanks.
Yeah I actually tried alot with RemoteCP, including befriending the former developer. So far I got it running, it has it's own database and htdocs instance for Tm2020 but will not connect to the game server. Several things are new / outdated (IDs, authentication methods etc). If you know a way to get this running, I'd be very thankful.

Return to “PyPlanet”