FAST 4.0.0t (2013-07-16) for TM2/Canyon/Stadium/Valley

Moderator: NADEO

_bb_mort

Re: FAST 4.0.0n (2011-10-23) for TM2/Canyon

Post by _bb_mort »

I swapped my modem over so I can use NAT-Loopback to test again.

So for the most past, FAST "works". I'm using GPP for the enhanced admin controls, but all the things like the FAST times panel and live stats don't do anything. GPP doesn't recognise the "Script" environment and LiveFive etc don't do anything. ml_vote also doesn't seem to come up at the end of the round. You can click the menu to bring it up though.

It would be good to get an update to handle displaying the Platform stuff like the live top10, but I guess now that means if you do find time for dev work, will it be for FAST or for FASS?
Slig

Post by Slig »

I would say Fast, and then better supporting script mode before doing any fork.
But it's anyway a problem as there is no real way to know if a custom script is supposed to be rounds based or not, if the ranking is based on points/score or times, etc. :?

In fact it would probably need to have something more modular for gamemodes, ie a specific mini plugin per gamemode which would indicate what functionnalities should be used or not for it. It doesn't looks like a quick fix :(
_bb_mort

Post by _bb_mort »

We want to start hosting custom Platform tracks, but it would be good if the ml_votes plugin worked so we could get feedback on what people thought of the tracks. Is that something you might be able to look at?
xis101

Post by xis101 »

I have a problem with FAST at the moment.

I run the latest dedicated server and FAST 4.0.0.o. It seems that some things happen twice, for example "times sent to Dedimania" (look at the screen) or you get the message you win your 1. and 2. race in one round (with local recs plugin)
This happens even if I run only one instance of fast
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

This is due to endrace/endmatch callbacks being sent twice by the dedicated server. This problem has existed for a couple of releases now, and I think they had it fixed in one, but I still saw it as recently as a week or so ago (in Rounds mode on TM2) and had to hack a workaround in my own plugin.

It sounds like it's worthy of another bump, or another mention in a more recent server release thread. I hope they fix it soon; I don't like the hack code in the plugin accounting for it.
Slig

Post by Slig »

fng_thatoneguy wrote:This is due to endrace/endmatch callbacks being sent twice by the dedicated server. This problem has existed for a couple of releases now, and I think they had it fixed in one, but I still saw it as recently as a week or so ago (in Rounds mode on TM2) and had to hack a workaround in my own plugin.
I had made a workaround in Fast for TGC1, but I just made some tests : it is fixed since the dedicated release 2012-08-31, so just stop using the 2012-08-14 ;)
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Slig wrote:it is fixed since the dedicated release 2012-08-31, so just stop using the 2012-08-14 ;)
I've only been running the most up-to-date versions as they come out (except the most recent one, because everyone has been having big issues with it...) and it has still been sending the callbacks twice. Which API versions are you using? I tried both the 2011-08 (can't remember the exact off the top of my head right now) and the "2012-06-19"

I imagine we're using different API versions. Let me know!
Slig

Post by Slig »

I made the today tests without specifying the API level (so the basic one)
I'll publish a new version tomorrow with the workaround as option (eventually i will try to activate it automatically)
Slig

Re: FAST 4.0.0p (2012-09-27) for TM2/Canyon

Post by Slig »

See first post for Fast4.0.0p

It includes a workaround for the double BeginRace/EndRace callbacks with 08/2012 dedicated (It is activated by default as is it harmless if you don't have the bug) as it seems that some still get it (be sure to update all dedicated files and not only the exe/binary).

/spec login chat command added to choose a target to spectate (very usefull in case of custom score panel as you can't choose target in interface).
DeathDriver

Re: FAST 4.0.0p (2012-09-27) for TM2/Canyon

Post by DeathDriver »

Is there any update already/planned for TM2Stadium??
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin

Return to “Dedicated Server”