TRACKMANIA² Stadium - Your Opinions

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

FoxShadow

Re: TRACKMANIA² Stadium - Your Opinions

Post by FoxShadow »

My opinion: EXCELENT IDEA !!! :D
Thanks Nadeo ! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SiH13

Post by SiH13 »

Dany0 wrote:LOVE IT! Can't wait for custom blocks! :thx:
I have to disappoint you here, there is no custom blocks.
But there is an object import though, that does not work as the grid-system you are familiar with.
These objects are more for decoration and can only e used in own titles
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

SiH13 wrote:But there is an object import though, that does not work as the grid-system you are familiar with.
It's for soon to have the grid-system.
oiram456

Post by oiram456 »

Stadium + Object import *_*
Endless possibilities, cant wait for the RPG Title Pack with (hopefully) thousands of objects :D
Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz | 4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24) | ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V (LGA1155) | 1920x1080@60Hz|2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Wow. I have missed a LOT. This looks pretty sweet! Day 1 for me, TMV, TMS2, and SM :D
WIP
dec

Post by dec »

Wow, I missed a lot too! Canyon got boring to me quite quickly, I might just come back for Stadium. :thumbsup:
eie

Post by eie »

oiram456 wrote:Stadium + Object import *_*
Endless possibilities, cant wait for the RPG Title Pack with (hopefully) thousands of objects :D
This is one of my biggest concerns, because individual builders are going to build their maps with their own custom objects. How will these object be integrated into an existing title pack? Is this possible? Because it should be.
Trackmania2 ♥
tcq

Post by tcq »

eie wrote:
oiram456 wrote:Stadium + Object import *_*
This is one of my biggest concerns, because individual builders are going to build their maps with their own custom objects. How will these object be integrated into an existing title pack? Is this possible? Because it should be.
As far as I can see, there are only two possibilities.
A) One title by Nadeo were objects are checked before hand (every one can submit one object, if they think this one is a good one) and then are distributed by title pack updates to all players.
B) One title by the community and all players that want to play RPG are going to use this title. The title should be updated frequently, as soon as suitable new objects arrive.

I doubt that A will happen because of the workload.
B might be more logically, but then you need to be able to allow multiple persons to have access to this one title (because only one would be fatal if in the future this person stops playing) and to validate if one object is good for the title or not. Question here: Who decides if an object is good or not. How to prevent the community to use multiple titles for the same genre (in this case RPG).

To be honest, I don't see a satisfying solution for this problem.
eie

Post by eie »

Wouldn't it be easy if there was a possibility to make a game mode which automatically allowed all custom objects?
Trackmania2 ♥
tcq

Post by tcq »

But as far as I understood, the aim of the title pack (if you mean this with a game mode) is to allow all players that have this specific title to play all maps without the need to download new stuff once they have this title.

This would mean that as soon as you added one new object to a title, all users that have this title need to update the title to be able to continue playing with it. Furthermore this means, someone needs to have the author rights on such a title to update it, as soon as new objects are there that seems to be suitable for the title.

Return to “Trackmania 2”