ManiaConnect Button ?

Maniaplanet public API, ManiaConnect system and the open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

Jojo_44

ManiaConnect Button ?

Post by Jojo_44 »

Hi,

I have noticed that some people having security scruple if I say "Login with your maniaplanet acc". One guy wrote me an email where he said that he didn´t use maniaconnect because he thought we just want his account data. So my suggestion is to create a button, like the facebook one, to make this service more popular to everybody. I don´t know if nadeo can make a button or maybe one or two designer from the community and we select the best button. I think if there is on every site the same button it´s more clear what it is. Just my thoughts, so what do you think ?

best regards, Jojo
my english sounds very unfriendly but it isn´t ;)
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: ManiaConnect Button ?

Post by gouxim »

It's a good point. I actually mentioned that when we released oauth2 for TMF: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=1926
we will provide an official login button later if you want to use a button
We'll come up with something nice and homgenous between manialink & web.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
Slig

Post by Slig »

Jojo_44 wrote:I have noticed that some people having security scruple if I say "Login with your maniaplanet acc". One guy wrote me an email where he said that he didn´t use maniaconnect because he thought we just want his account data.
Each time he connects on an online server, the server script get more infos about him than a web or manialink script will get with maniaconnect (at least with basic rights). :roll:
Jojo_44

Post by Jojo_44 »

Slig wrote:Each time he connects on an online server, the server script get more infos about him than a web or manialink script will get with maniaconnect (at least with basic rights). :roll:
I also didn´t get this point but I guess that he meant his login pwd. Maybe he didn´t recognized that he was forwarded to the trusted nadeo site ;)

Ok, I know that there is much more to do but I hope to see the button this year :D

regards, Jojo
my english sounds very unfriendly but it isn´t ;)
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

I had some spare time yesterday so I quickly did a couple official buttons: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=7215
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)

Return to “Maniaplanet Web Services”