NadeoImporter [update 2019/10/09]

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

Skyslide

Re: NadeoImporter [update 2014/10/22]

Post by Skyslide »

i fully support florenzius, please give us a new importer version with the new physicids and updated lib :)
i also suggest simple @keyframes animation like in css, transform: translate() rotate() scale(); :P
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Now that we'll get the blocks officially, we'd appreciate if you could update the importer and MatLib too.
Thanks! :thumbsup:
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
dePaljas

Post by dePaljas »

Hi guys, what am I doing wrong?

If I have a material named StadiumControlGlass in Blender, and no material in the item.xml, all works fine:

Code: Select all

NadeoImporter.exe Mesh (path).fbx
NadeoImporter 2017-05-18_12_54
Created :user:(path).Mesh.gbx
Created :user:(path).Shape.gbx
But when I do e.g.:

<Material Name="A" Link="StadiumControlGlass"/>
And name the material "A" in Blender, importing the FBX will not generate the Shape.gbx (notice the missing two "Created" lines below that are present above):

NadeoImporter.exe Mesh (path).fbx
(nothing reported, but also no error)

NadeoImporter.exe Item (path).Item.xml
NadeoImporter 2017-05-18_12_54
file not found : (file).Shape.gbx
Again, when naming the material directly after the target material name, all is fine.
If I change the name of the Link attribute to something bogus, I get an error about it.
If I change the name of the material in Blender to something bogus, I get an error about it.

Any ideas?..

PS: the end goal was to override the PhysicsId to something else than the default Ice. I've also tried copy/paste the material in NadeoImporterMaterialLib.txt and rename to e.g. StadiumControlGlassMine and use that material name in Blender. The import works fine then, but the material will be a solid red color.
[Mobo: FOXCONN A7DA-S/A7DA] [CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE] [Memory: 4GB] [Video: MSI 660 Ti]
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

http://creatingcustomobjectsformaniaplanet.webflow.io/
maybe my tuto helps
jump to "convert assistant" - thank me later
dePaljas

Post by dePaljas »

Hi Skyslide, great work on the tutorial. Followed your steps in the CA section.
Enabled the hack, and for debug purposes used a material from your stadium.xml named '_TDSN_StadiumDirtRoad_Dirt'.
I seem to get the same issue as with calling the standalone importer; no Shape.gbx is generated, and no message as to why:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (87.18 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
When I rename the material to default nadeo material, it imports the item just fine, but of course with the default nadeo material (and default PhysicsId).

I must be doing something stupid.. or can it perhaps be related to some Maniaplanet update? Has someone recently successfully imported an item using a mapped <material/>?

PS: As mentioned earlier, copy, paste, renaming a material in NadeoImporterMaterialLib.txt and use that name in Blender makes the importer work, but you get the solid red material. If I use the default material name, and manually hack the PhysicsId of original material, it works OK. Seems like a workaround, but not sure whether that has some unwanted effect on other things..
[Mobo: FOXCONN A7DA-S/A7DA] [CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE] [Memory: 4GB] [Video: MSI 660 Ti]
xrayjay

Post by xrayjay »

the xml have to be modified

the red text tells you what´s wrong ;) the xml in your case

the name in blender doesn´t matter as long as you use the exact same inside the xml, modifying the physics is done in the xml only
if you want to use the "hack" option you have to modify the name with the correct prefix, default should be "Hack_"

but this "hack" is only needed if you want to modify the physics of a matlib material

If you want to use your own material (not of the matlib) than you have to set in the xml the whole information for it
like:

<Materials>
	<Material Name="MyMaterialName" Model="TDSNI_Night" BaseTexture="Texture/MyMaterialName" PhysicsId="Metal"/>
</Materials>
Skyslide

Post by Skyslide »

you need to enable the hack for _TDSN_ to work, also change the prefix from _Hack to _T, then the physic hack should work, did you check your item xml too? maybe some of my templates works
dePaljas

Post by dePaljas »

Hi Slyslide, I did use one of your templates, makes no difference. Xjayjay, of course, red is bad :D. But there is no message. The second red box is just because in the previous step, no shape file was generated and it is needed in the next. Forget the hack, for now I just want to use my own material name, and map it to a nadeo one in the xml. That is what is going wrong. I will create a baremetal test with a cube later and share.

In the meantime; can someone confirm that this material name mapping works on your side still (actually try). Thanks a lot for all the replies.
Electron

Post by Electron »

dePaljas wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 10:16In the meantime; can someone confirm that this material name mapping works on your side still (actually try).
It works. I tested it with the sources of these items:
http://www.maniapark.com/ressource.php?id=2282

See also: viewtopic.php?p=268750#p268750
dePaljas

Post by dePaljas »

Thanks Electron,

Especially for trying, much appreciated!

I finally figured out what seems to be causing the problem.
When messing with the materials in Blender, I assigned all faces to a single material and things started to work.
When I changed materials, at some point it started to go wrong.
Sometimes I got material not found 'Undefined' (while everything was assigned, I made sure of that).
Sometimes I got the emtpy message, and no shape was generated.

I found out that either error happened when I started mixing nadeo material names with mapped ones!

So when you have materials:

Blender material names:
StadiumPlatform
StadiumPlatformFloor
mesh.xml:
(no <material/> with above names)

All is fine, it uses Nadeo materials.

When you have:

Blender material names:
My_StadiumPlatform
My_StadiumPlatformFloor
mesh.xml:
<Material Name="My_StadiumPlatform" Link="StadiumPlatform"/>
<Material Name="My_StadiumPlatformFloor" Link="StadiumPlatformFloor"/>

All is fine, it uses Nadeo materials.

But! When you have:

Blender material names:
StadiumPlatform
My_StadiumPlatformFloor
mesh.xml:
<Material Name="My_StadiumPlatformFloor" Link="StadiumPlatformFloor"/>

Things start to go south!

The solution is easy, just use either/or.

Now my next issue is:
I now changed (following line works fine):
<Material Name="My_StadiumPlatform" Link="StadiumPlatform"/>
Into:
<Material Name="My_StadiumPlatform" Model="TDSN" BaseTexture="StadiumPlatform" PhysicsId="Metal"/>

But now I'm getting:
NadeoImporter 2017-05-18_12_54 File not found: 'Items\Paljas\blender\StadiumPlatform_D.dds' File not found: 'Items\Paljas\blender\StadiumPlatform_D.tga' Created :user:\Items\Paljas\blender\halfloop_00.Mesh.gbx Created :user:\Items\Paljas\blender\halfloop_00.Shape.gbx

Back to debugging ;). Thanks everyone for the help, the initial issue is solved!!

EDIT: Above problem also solved:

Do not combine link/model in the same xml. Use always either one or the other:

Wrong:
<Material Name="My_Material1" Link="StadiumPlatform"/>
<Material Name="My_Material2" Model="TDSN" BaseTexture="StadiumPlatform" PhysicsId="Metal"/>

Correct:
<Material Name="My_Material1" Model="TDSN" BaseTexture="StadiumPlatform" .../>
<Material Name="My_Material2" Model="TDSN" BaseTexture="StadiumPlatform" PhysicsId="Metal"/>

The red message still appears, but the materials now work OK because of the hack option of ConvertAssistant.
Note also that using the <Material ... Model=.../> approach you now need to use ConvertAssistant, because you need it's hack feature for this to work, even if you don't intend to change e.g. the PhysicsId. You cannot use the bare NadeoImporter only anymore.

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”