Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
BigBang1112
Posts: 372
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 12:44
Location: Český Krumlov, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 » 20 Jun 2019, 17:35

Hello,
both Q&A not displaying and Stadium version problems should be now fixed.
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- Nadeo Envimix (remake coming 2020)
- Videomaker (coming 2020)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows

McBain
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Jul 2017, 15:25

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by McBain » 20 Jun 2019, 21:12

i downloaded it because i kinda have exactly this problem (mp3 and older maps with bad shadows in mp4)

need to check if it helps :) spending 100 planets to try out is not a big deal though^^

hackie
Posts: 1152
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 22:43

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by hackie » 25 Jul 2019, 10:47

First : big thanks for creating this pack. :thumbsup:

In Q&A you talk about specify map type, and turnig this feature off by a little tick button.
Uhm , is that button so small that I can not see it ? cause I don't have any button as far as I can see. :o


You also talk about default calculation , cause higher then that is not saved to map file ?
But whats the reason then to use a higher setting ? Others won't see it as you say ?
So if I use the highest setting to calculate shadows and upload it to MX , people won't see the shadows by driving this map on online servers ?

Can you see the different on online servers ( driving the map ) between default and high calculated maps ?

I'm still shocked about the fact that high calculated shadows can not be seen by others ( as you say so ) , all that time my pc spend to calculate whole TMX :shock:
System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Professionnal x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

User avatar
BigBang1112
Posts: 372
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 12:44
Location: Český Krumlov, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 » 25 Jul 2019, 17:52

Thank you
hackie wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:47
Uhm , is that button so small that I can not see it ? cause I don't have any button as far as I can see. :o
It should be in the very top right corner of the MapType "section" of the tool below Maps/ "section". ✓ If you can't see it, send me a screenshot, because on my side everything's fine.
hackie wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:47
You also talk about default calculation , cause higher then that is not saved to map file ?
But whats the reason then to use a higher setting ? Others won't see it as you say ?
So if I use the highest setting to calculate shadows and upload it to MX , people won't see the shadows by driving this map on online servers ?
Quite interesting topic to me as well for sure. This seems to be the case if you recalculate shadows of already existing maps made by others. If you calculate High on your maps for the first time, the lightmaps should be actually saved somehow, but in its Default form (it's been like that for years, but I may not be 100% right). High quality setting is few megabytes big compared to Default's half a megabyte, so that proves this point.
On recalculating shadows, Default is the best option that will save lightmaps to the map file and that's how things are. :D
hackie wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 10:47
Can you see the different on online servers ( driving the map ) between default and high calculated maps ?
The difference is rather minor and won't hit user's eyes at the first look. For videos, high is definitely better, but in multiplayer, it won't matter much. Fun fact: If you calculated shadows on high on your side on a map that's currently being played on a server, you will have better shadows than others! :D
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- Nadeo Envimix (remake coming 2020)
- Videomaker (coming 2020)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows

hackie
Posts: 1152
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 22:43

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by hackie » 25 Jul 2019, 18:00

Thanks for answering so quickly, screeny about that missing click butting is coming later. Its like 50 degrees celsius upstairs. I will kill my pc :roflol:
System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Professionnal x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

hackie
Posts: 1152
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 22:43

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by hackie » 25 Jul 2019, 18:39

I risk it :

Image
System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Professionnal x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

User avatar
BigBang1112
Posts: 372
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 12:44
Location: Český Krumlov, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 » 25 Jul 2019, 19:31

hackie wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 18:39
I risk it :

Image
It's that green tick, green checkmark on the corner next to the folder next to the Race of the MapType thing. It's clickable, it will turn into red X once you click on it, and so disable maptype change.
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- Nadeo Envimix (remake coming 2020)
- Videomaker (coming 2020)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows

hackie
Posts: 1152
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 22:43

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by hackie » 25 Jul 2019, 19:32

Ah ok , thanks. :thumbsup:
System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Professionnal x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

User avatar
Tushy444
Posts: 30
Joined: 18 Feb 2019, 02:18
Location: adanaC

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by Tushy444 » 01 Dec 2019, 19:24

What is the folder icon for?

User avatar
BigBang1112
Posts: 372
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 12:44
Location: Český Krumlov, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Compute Shadows – A Technical Title Pack by BigBang1112

Post by BigBang1112 » 01 Dec 2019, 20:47

Tushy444 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 19:24
What is the folder icon for?
It should've been some kind of map browser to simplify the usage but due to its little complexity I just kinda let it go. :lol:
Creator and competent racer. YouTube Discord
- Nadeo Envimix (remake coming 2020)
- Videomaker (coming 2020)
- Challenge (OUT NOW)
- Leaderboards (OUT NOW)
- Compute Shadows

Post Reply

Return to “Title Packs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest