SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
adder
Posts: 141
Joined: 06 May 2012, 17:34
Location: Belgium

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by adder » 14 Jun 2012, 07:02

eyebo wrote:
Ouwe wrote:Canyon was, is and will be the last item I bought from Nadeo. :yes:
I know, it's hard to improve on perfection. :thumbsup:
:lol:
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world monocular.

MouldyK
Translator
Translator
Posts: 90
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 12:36
Location: England

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by MouldyK » 14 Jun 2012, 12:42

eyebo wrote:
Ouwe wrote:Canyon was, is and will be the last item I bought from Nadeo. :yes:
I know, it's hard to improve on perfection. :thumbsup:
Eyebo, you trolling genius :1010

User avatar
Demented
Posts: 2323
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 13:17
Location: United States

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Demented » 14 Jun 2012, 13:35

I'm laughing.☺ :clap: Well put.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

User avatar
Omnixor
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2959
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 17:07
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Omnixor » 14 Jun 2012, 13:41

[anti-joke chicken] he meant that canyon sucks pretty much... [/anti-joke chicken]
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

MouldyK
Translator
Translator
Posts: 90
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 12:36
Location: England

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by MouldyK » 14 Jun 2012, 14:59

I think everyone gathered that, but we just like to have fun and games xD

And I really don't understand why you had to explain it to people when it's clear that is what he meant and Eyebo was just taking the p*ss.

Ouwe
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 May 2011, 16:52

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Ouwe » 15 Jun 2012, 10:09

It was just a statement. Canyon doesn't suck really, it's just boring for me.
And due to the lack of online players it is clear to me that, after 7 years, it is nomore fun for me to play a nadeo game. Also my age and home situation is part of that, wich I am not going to explain.

And for the last 7-8 months it's only "will be" what is written here, so boring...
Still I am not trying to be negative, I am just not positive.
Is the cup half full or half empty. None, the cup is to big.

User avatar
PapyChampy
Posts: 821
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 15:02
Location: Paris

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by PapyChampy » 15 Jun 2012, 10:38

I can easily get your point.

The fact that it takes much time may be a problem for some players, who seek news things in games rapidly. (New content, or simply new games.)
However, it's more a matter of having a steady product that will last for years.
Rushed products that are full of bugs, or that feature incomplete content, are, in my opinion, even more disrespectful to players.

We can only explain why it's taking so long to get some progress, but in the meanwhile the whole team is working hard to bring it to players. :pil
Image

Ouwe
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 May 2011, 16:52

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Ouwe » 15 Jun 2012, 11:45

Well said PapyChampy, I agree with you.
However my patience is not so big as many others here.
Still I am glad there are less of me and more of the others. :clap:

Dimitri1993
Posts: 42
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:45

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Dimitri1993 » 24 Jun 2012, 11:52

Demented wrote:I think once they get everything 'fine tuned' the games will grow quickly. Making sure everything is done correct from the beginning though is important and worth taking time on. If they rush to throw stuff out on the market people will just complain that it's buggy and unpolished. Negative feedback about Canyon has likely caused them to fine tune things more for the future.
PapyChampy wrote:The fact that it takes much time may be a problem for some players, who seek news things in games rapidly. (New content, or simply new games.)
However, it's more a matter of having a steady product that will last for years.
Rushed products that are full of bugs, or that feature incomplete content, are, in my opinion, even more disrespectful to players.
^My thoughts exactly.

Those who got bored of a ManiaPlanet game they had bought (and not playing it any more), might want to give the game another try in the next months/year (or, in other terms, when the next stable version of ManiaPlanet is released). It would be wrong to say that Nadeo/Ubisoft *completely* ceased work on ManiaPlanet as a whole.

(With that said, I still find it hard to play through Canyon's solo campaign, because the game constantly reminds me of its official mode (replacing the pop-up with an "Official mode" button near the countdown would be less intempestive) which I often am tempted to try and at which I often fail... Although I somehow manage to hold onto an official worldwide time in 10th on A14...)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @2.66Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 (2-monitor setup) (driver version 280.26)
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (with 2GB of DDR2 RAM)
Pad: Logitech RumblePad 2 USB

User avatar
Demented
Posts: 2323
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 13:17
Location: United States

Re: SM: Storm - planned release ... And what TM: Valley ?

Post by Demented » 24 Jun 2012, 14:33

Dimitri1993 wrote:... Although I somehow manage to hold onto an official worldwide time in 10th on A14...
Nice.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Post Reply

Return to “Maniaplanet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest