We have spent a year in alpha/beta with many positive and constructive players, and I would like to thank them very much for their intelligence and patience. We are now more than ever in a situation to support the game, and them, since we had things to really handle before launching it.
It's only the 1.0 version of our first FPS ever, but I am already really proud of the Nadeo and Nadeo Live teams behind it. It is really a big start for us, and our intentions is to introduce ShootMania as a major title in FPS, especially towards UGC, eSport and fun!
And here is the changelog:
- Matchmaking 1.0
- Sample Title: Combo (2 vs. 2, items and switchable weapons) : go to maniaplanet-store ingame to download
- Sample Mode: Horde Mode (with a Bot, Solo & Multi) : here is the link for the info
- New Weapon: Arrow (only available from script at the moment)
- Clublinks available from your player page, when you are in a team
- New surface that bounces rockets and allow for bigger walljumps
- New surface that enables a stamina jump
- New bumper that keeps the input angle of movement
- New fences blocks
- Water to castle ramps
- Additionnal bunkers
- Collector (no direct effect, for script)
- Wood slides under arched castle
Additionnal Features, Fixes, Tweaks & Optimizations
- Force skin in SM scripts
- ManiaStars in SM score boards
- End of map recap of rankings
- Captured pole light is brigther than while it is being captured
- FPS reduction on spash reduced
- Tornados in replays
- Color grading samples included in MediaTracker
- Color variation depending on light intensity
- Water reflecion in high fixed with the cyclo
- Battle Options: Number of Armors & Fixed Time Wave
- Detection box of poles fixed
- Hitbox tweak on knee.
- "Apply to All Titles" option in settings
- Slide on wood to hook fixed
- Going back to Storm server browser when leaving a server, if entered by Storm browser
- Abitlity to switch from one defender to another while spectating your team mates.
- Joust ghost up to the first pole and warm up phase
- Rockets disappearing on client are now well recreated upon server commands
- Reduction of reload speed on laserpad
- Reduction of instant reload on hit, from 1/2 to 1/3 of ammo
- Camera 2 for Stadium is as in Nations (oups, trouble with that cause at export)
There are still a lot of things to do for after the launch, like real time buddy addition, shortcuts in the system, UI in replays etc. I should apologize for the memory leaks question on servers. We are doing as best as we can according the density of topics and priorities of the launch. Like I said, we intend to make additional updates in the future.
Let's this new story begin!
The Nadeo team
We just made a small update to fix a couple of issues:
- Fixed a few performance bugs (when there were many players on the map)
- fixed stadium camera 2
- fixed in-game mediatracker camera changes
- fixed running the game in steam offline mode.
- updated translations
- and a few other smaller glitches...