Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

nailbomb69

Re: Devs watch this video to understand why your games suck

Post by nailbomb69 »

I like TM games. But my brothers don't so I'll have to stop playing because they don't like it
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

The moment he showed he was playing Valley with a Stadium car and therefore outed as a Stadium fankid and not seriously interested in other environments, I turned off the video.
eie

Post by eie »

Maniaplanet sucks.

1. Open launcher
2. Click Play
3. Select profile
4. Choose title (You'll probably also have to click-and-drag)
5. Click Multiplayer
6. Click Browse servers
7. Click Up to World
8. Select server
9. Click join

Nine clicks to play. That's too much, and some (like the 6th) is unnecessary and limits your gameplay (the 4th). There is no doubt maniaplanet should be simplified, because it makes it a hassle just to play, because it could easily be simpler:

1. Open launcher (Are launchers necessary?)
2. Click Play
Automatically connect to profile.
3. Select TM/SM/QM/Options (given that the profile is shared between the games, why would you want a profile button on each title)
4. Click Multiplayer, server list should be generated based on owned games and selected options (allow objects, etc)
5. Click Join server (no need for two steps here)

Also the maniaplanet is just awfully designed. It looks kinda cool, but it's just so impractical, kinda like Windows 8 start screen. It should be static, not with any scrolling. Nadeo should just stop splitting the community with all the titles too.

/rant
Trackmania2 ♥
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

lol :lol:
How many mouse clicks do you do while playing? (Ok, if you're not just driving TrackMania only)
Then 4 more or less are really irrelevant. ;)

Indeed it would be nice if you could place a shortcut to a manialink to your favorite server on the desktop,
so double click, plus one click for login could be enough, this would make only 3 clicks! :thumbsup:

Or have 2 more clicks for a favorite server selection right at the beginning - but this would only work after you have connected.
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

Make a batch to quickjoin a server within a title:

Code: Select all

ManiaPlanet.exe /login=xxx /password=xxx /qjoin=serverlogin@Title /silent
Where @Title = SMStorm, TMCanyon, TMStadium etc.
/login = user login
/password = user password

This will start the client silently.

More options coming soon in a topic post.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

You can connect automatically to a profile (Launcher/Configure/Profile = Use Single Profile).

If you make a shortcut of the ManiaPlanet.exe, you can launch directly the game without go to the Launcher.

A shortcut to launch directly a title is in the Nadeo todolist but we don't know when it will be available.
eie

Post by eie »

jonthekiller wrote:You can connect automatically to a profile (Launcher/Configure/Profile = Use Single Profile).
I knew this was probably possible, but the option is partially hidden. Anyways, down to eights clicks :thumbsup:
w1lla wrote:Make a batch to quickjoin a server within a title:
(...)
What if I want to open the server list of all servers (world, not continent), would that be possible?

---
This will help me play in less clicks, but we still have some fundamental flaws with maniaplanet. It looks just like the start screen for windows 8, and I have never (ever) heard anyone say anything positive about that start screen. In my opinion the start screen should look somewhat similar to TMN ESWC, a classic, clean design, without the silly sideways scrolling. Image

And why is the profile menu and news/notifications available in every title, when they will display the same information in each one of them? Shouldn't they be available from the titles menu instead?

Why can't all servers be listed on the same list, regardless of what title they exist within? Kinda like in TMUF where all servers are in one list (even if they were in a specific environment). This is a downgrade from TMUF even...

Why is there no option to disable news/notifications? (It looks cluttered with them imho, and it's worse than in TMUF)

Why doesn't servers (or at least rankings, like in TMN/UF) automatically show up when I click Multiplayer?

And why is there no quick-join button on servers?

(I'm just asking these questions in case somebody has a solution to my problems ^^ Please tell me someone has a solution :P)
Trackmania2 ♥
Hubby

Post by Hubby »

For newcomers (especially) this whole maniaplanet thing is just too cumbersome.
It's a nice concept but it just doesn't work well enough , United felt more 'natural' to navigate IMO.
It's not the games that suck , it's the 'interface' to launch the games that needs a revision I think.

Return to “Trackmania 2”