Lethal Water

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

rexin99

Lethal Water

Post by rexin99 »

Hello,

I got this idea recently when playing Platform. There, putting OffZone in water is a common thing, because it acts as a hazard and a penalty for falling.
Yet it has two buts. Both are a matter of visuals.
First, OffZone in water is obvious and ugly. A bit.
Second, and more importnant, I keep getting a bug that I cannot see water through the OffZone. Maybe it's just me.
So, solution?
Adding a map-specific setting that would make any body of water invisibly hazardous for touch. (or the color of the water would change). The player could find out if this setting is true or false by, for example, pressing Tab.
Would this be possible, or should we stick to OffZone?
TitiShu

Re: Lethal Water

Post by TitiShu »

To "correctly" work offzone in water have to be placed one block under the surface... like that offzone is "invisible"...
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
rexin99

Post by rexin99 »

TitiShu wrote:To "correctly" work offzone in water have to be placed one block under the surface... like that offzone is "invisible"...
So you cannot see water through OffZone either.
Well, at least I know.
TitiShu

Post by TitiShu »

Mhhhh... yes you cannot see water (and particles) throught offzone... but as offzone is underwater the water is in front of offzone... so where is the problem ?

When placing offzone in water there are no graphics difference betwen safe water and unsafe water... (or there is maybe a difference on low settings idk)
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: 2x4Go G.Skill Ares
GPU: MSI GTX570
Board: Asus P8Z68-V LX
HDD: WD Green + WD Black
SSD: Crucial M4 64Go
Sound: Realtek (onboard)
Peripherals: Mouse G700 - Keyboard G19 - Headset Roccat Kave
rexin99

Post by rexin99 »

TitiShu wrote:Mhhhh... yes you cannot see water (and particles) throught offzone... but as offzone is underwater the water is in front of offzone... so where is the problem ?

When placing offzone in water there are no graphics difference betwen safe water and unsafe water... (or there is maybe a difference on low settings idk)
Thanks.
But then there is another part. On Water type maps, you cannot place OffZone beyond the boundaries, so the players could jump over them, right?

Return to “Map Editor”