The Teleport Block : A closer look

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Re: The Teleport Block : A closer look

Post by novationx »

Lovely feedback...And clearly some good ideas!!

I would like to say to alexey that if you always answer ' if nadeo did it like that, then its okay for me' then what are we doing here on the forums?
NADEO is asking for constructive feedback, just like any other game developer. Together we create a better game, no?

Also, I disagree with you about 'clicking the metal is not logical'. For me its logical ( well actually who cares what we click? ) & it would be 100x easier to use ( both 0° as 90° rotated TP's ) = a better solution , imo.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

He means logic regarding that you should be able to teleport to any metally block when you stand on a port.

And he's right, the games language so far is very clear: click on purple, you get ported. No extra rules and visually very distinct. If you had to loog out for metal surfaces too to port to, it could get messy.
So it would be rather nice to have a bigher redesign, if you'd like to make it easier to click the exit.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

but metal , metal ...
Im still talking about the actual TP block... so im saying "to ---teleport--- click the ---teleport--- block"
For me this is as easy as 1+1=2

Thats what Im saying :D It still feels natural? Ah well... maybe its just me :oops:
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

it sounds easy, but the whole metal block is not nearly as defined as the purple field.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
novationx

Post by novationx »

the point is... if at 30m the purple stuff is practically invisible on a 90° TP... i would be happy to click the metal... :D
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

Which is, why I said, that I would find a redesign to be better, than just making the whole block clickable.

We all understand that the TPs are kinda too small for their purpose, but when it comes to usability, a clear colour-code is just as important as the shape of the object. That's why we say, it's rather "meh" to make the whole block clickable.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

I also cant hear myself TP anymore.
I can hear others take the TP.

Rly strrrrrange
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

Since the introduction of TP's to the game, they've been used by attackers to relentlessly mindfuck their opponent. There's times in 1v1 its Just 50/50 whether you survive as a defender or not by guessing whether he took the tele or is going to peek back out from the source and slam you from behind as you turn to watch the exit point. (Rust2 springs to mind)

The obvious fix? make it 500% louder so it can be heard clearly within like 50 meter radius. With team talk on TS combined with the sound of your own rockets it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to hear.
UrinStein wrote: An idea by Tom.K: When standing on a port, all exits in sight should be highlighted, so you can easily spot them through fog, between blocks and far away. Make em glow or sth.
This is definitely the coolest suggestion so far. It could give off a glow while the attacker is standing on the source, allowing him to see the exit point easier whilst also giving defenders some info that they might be about to get fucked.

Dreamy.. you know how this game works and you know nadeos intent on the TP design.. OBVIOUSLY you wouldn't be able to click the metal and still get teleported. That would defeat the whole realism and sleek design they seem to be going for these days.. ofc its bollocks.. and the frame should just be removed entirely but the current design functions as it should.

Remove the frame bulkiness around the source TP also.. Completely takes away from any sort of flow and doesn't help aesthetics either.

Someone mentioned how it feels slow to use the teleporter which is designed to speed up gameplay etc etc. yes. I want to be able to run onto a telepad using my stamina while facing the exit and just continue to run on through. As it stands I need to reactivate stamina and it doesn't flow nice. IMO; allow me to run into the tele, while holding stamina and come out the other end with my stamina still engaged. It should also probably cost 15/20% stamina to use the teleporter aswell.. considering everything else in the game loves to leech my stamina.

P.S. TP = Toilet Paper
novationx

Post by novationx »

look how smooth these TPS are:
http://www.twitch.tv/justnvc/b/557748852

I figured a video would be easier to explain what I'd like.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Editted 1st post and still waiting for some official feedback^^
I think this thread rly already has some good suggestions! :thumbsup:

Return to “Shootmania”