Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Discuss everything related to Trackmania Turbo.

Moderator: English Moderator

harule

Re: Questions & Answers Trackmania Turbo

Post by harule »

No PC beta? :(

...but then again, the game almost about to be released (this month :D )
Akbalder

Post by Akbalder »

Miss wrote:I don't see why another beta would be beneficial :P
To have a good version on PC: All the UI must be modified to be usable with a mouse and a keyboard.
m0ritz

Post by m0ritz »

To have a good version on PC: All the UI must be modified to be usable with a mouse and a keyboard.
^this. I think a feedback before the release is always good. If the players are disappointed from the beginning on there isn't much hope left, because most of the players sadly don't give games another try if they once had a bad experience with it. It's better if the beta was not that good than a bad finished game which people don't like from the first hour on for some reasons (bad interface, too complicated etc.) ;)
Login: m0ritz
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

PC bêta for sure, sick of seeing ultimate noobs playing on PS4 because it's free (and only because of it, I mean some don't even notice that the different environments have different gameplay, I even watched someone launch the game, play Canyon A1, finish it and say : "this game is cool but it can be boring fast", stfu you played 2 minutes..)
Miss

Post by Miss »

i7mean wrote:PC bêta for sure, sick of seeing ultimate noobs playing on PS4 because it's free (and only because of it, I mean some don't even notice that the different environments have different gameplay, I even watched someone launch the game, play Canyon A1, finish it and say : "this game is cool but it can be boring fast", stfu you played 2 minutes..)
People who are not that competitive and who play Trackmania will likely have the complaint that there's no "bumping each other off the road", etc. :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy »

Miss wrote:
i7mean wrote:PC bêta for sure, sick of seeing ultimate noobs playing on PS4 because it's free (and only because of it, I mean some don't even notice that the different environments have different gameplay, I even watched someone launch the game, play Canyon A1, finish it and say : "this game is cool but it can be boring fast", stfu you played 2 minutes..)
People who are not that competitive and who play Trackmania will likely have the complaint that there's no "bumping each other off the road", etc. :(
Personal opinion : not being a competitive player doesn't prevent people from learning about the mechanics offered by the game they will be playing. (In this case, lack of collisions. And even so, they will probably hear about the secret modes.)
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

I have nothing against non-competitive player tho, I've been a noob too, but giving keys to random people who didn't give a fuck about the game has lead to bad videos, I've seen maybe 10 videos about people playing campaign, trackbuilder, online ect.. and I liked maybe 1 or 2 videos.
matsilagi_tmu

Post by matsilagi_tmu »

i7mean wrote:I have nothing against non-competitive player tho, I've been a noob too, but giving keys to random people who didn't give a fuck about the game has lead to bad videos, I've seen maybe 10 videos about people playing campaign, trackbuilder, online ect.. and I liked maybe 1 or 2 videos.
I used to think like that, but seeing people getting progressively better after a few tracks is amazing. You can see their learning curve trough the videos. I just wished more people used the Track Editor tho.

Anyway, there's only 2 weeks left, no need to get mad now, its almost there, im pretty sure the game is 95% ready, just recieving refinements + clean up.
A court terme aprГЁs un myocarde corrГ©ler avec des changements de solubilitГ© de var il a Г©tГ© rГ©vГ©lГ© un effet trГЁs intГ©ressant qui a amГ©liorГ© l'Г©rection des hommes.
Miss

Post by Miss »

PapyChampy wrote:
Miss wrote:
Personal opinion : not being a competitive player doesn't prevent people from learning about the mechanics offered by the game they will be playing. (In this case, lack of collisions. And even so, they will probably hear about the secret modes.)
Yeah, indeed. But it's a common complaint that I've heard from people talking about Trackmania.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

Miss wrote: People who are not that competitive and who play Trackmania will likely have the complaint that there's no "bumping each other off the road", etc. :(
I'm kinda used to it after more than 10 years of NoCollisions bashing :mrgreen:
That was one of the most common "troll" in news comments for every Trackmania post. (then we got starforce news trolls, then maniaplanet, ubisoft, Uplay ^_^)
From what I've read on the internent, I believe the NoCollision bashing has almost ended these days, it's very rare, even from new players of TMT.

Return to “Trackmania Turbo”