Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Mithestral

Re: Trackmania² Lagoon Special Beta for Trackmania Turbo PC owners

Post by Mithestral »

TMarc wrote: 24 May 2017, 16:05 First you (nearly) all claimed to get Turbo for free (having all existing Maniaplanet titles) and now you claim to get Lagoon for free again? Is this really fair?
That Turbo is not very popular is not necessarily the fault of Nadeo, it is a game that was conceived primarily for consoles, and for that it is certainly great. That it is not as good and not as expected on PC, is only the point of view of the "old" Trackmania and Maniaplanet gamers.
And this is much more sad to see the game die by itself than a few people can't get access to lagoon (for free and for their personal benefit only).

So, for the effort Nadeo has put into everything since years, you can really afford the few Euros or Dollars that Lagoon costs, if you're really interested to have it.
I'm not telling that you absolutely have to purchase it, you can also try the channels if you want to play it "for free".

The circumstances around the betas and the release are admittedly not nice, Hylis has just acknowledged it,
but now you need to wait if they can decide of something. But this can't be done in a hurry either. It will certainly take a few days, including some holidays we're having now in Europe.
Therefore, as always, please be patient.
Who else is gonna play your game then ? Not to mention those who bought / had to buy turbo at the price of 40€ ? Do you tell them to stop whining too ?
You guys need to ask yourself too, Trackmania isn't really going anywhere despite the developpement efforts, so are you grateful for your last players to keep the game alive ?

I'm really interested of where your "nearly all" comes up, would be an interesting percentage to see.
test1234s

Post by test1234s »

I just created an account here because how frustrated I am. I bought most of your games : Trackamania NF, Stadium 2, Turbo, Shootmania. And then I just see this post on reddit saying that they are giving this game for free for Turbo Owners. I was like Oh that's awesome because how they failed with Turbo that was just a singleplayer game. And then I just discovered there was a beta and I've never received any emails about it despite receiving promo offers from time to time. How is this fair ? I'm an old customer who gave you more than 300 euros worth of games and you're giving the game to steam user that have TMT ? Just because I got TMT on uplay I can't even get this one for free ? Then I guess that's it for me TMT was such a deception for me and then seeing this...

"So, for the effort Nadeo has put into everything since years, you can really afford the few Euros or Dollars that Lagoon costs, if you're really interested to have it.
I'm not telling that you absolutely have to purchase it, you can also try the channels if you want to play it "for free"."

"That Turbo is not very popular is not necessarily the fault of Nadeo"
It sure is, restricting online servers to local only was a dead giveaway. We play on PC for a reason, not to have the same things as on consoles

I think I spent enough money already especially after a game like TMT that was so promising but ruined by dumb online decisions.
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

undef.de wrote: 24 May 2017, 14:02 Is it still possible for Trackmania Turbo on PC owners to get Lagoon for free in Maniaplanet? I ask this because the option to identify in the Playerpage has been removed.
+1 need an answer, i'd like to buy TMT pc now to have TMT and lagoon.

Sincerely, I rather pay 40 for 2 games than 20 just for lagoon.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Mithestral

Post by Mithestral »

Hylis wrote: 24 May 2017, 13:05 yes, the special beta operation has ended [...] (but if some players were able to register until today, we will have to make it for people until today: I have ask to clarify all this quickly and Cerovan will keep your informed)
just on the other page....
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

I have more news for you, first to be perfectly clear, this is how it's supposed to be:
- First you had to register to the Trackmania² Lagoon Beta (open & free for TMT owner) and to connect to your Maniaplanet account through Steam or Uplay which has a full copy of TMT to check that you have it.
- Once done, you'll get the full version of Trackmania² Lagoon for free on Maniaplanet 4 only.

Yet we have identified few bugs that prevented players to get Lagoon with this method, most notably that the Shootmania Storm Elite Demo install on Uplay was broken for several days before the release of TM² Lagoon.

As a result, we're allowing the players who was elligible to the beta and tried to claim the access (by cliking on the button on the Player Page about the Lagoon beta) before May 18th at 6PM CEST to get Trackmania² Lagoon until Monday (May 29th) (we know on our side who tried to do it). You don't need to go back to the Player Page to do it, just to connect to the Maniaplanet account through the Uplay or Steam account which own your copy of TMT before the end of the weekend.

You should see the Lagoon station at the next launch of Maniaplanet.

Edited (25/05/2017): replaced "until Maniaplanet 5" to "on Maniaplanet 4 only"
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
Siannath

Post by Siannath »

I support Nadeo and I really want the studio to get a long and healthy life as game developers. However, it was said that any Trackmania Turbo PC buyer would get Trackmania² Lagoon for free. It seems that this is not true. Hence the problem: you said something but you did not keep the promise. This is the issue.

This is a broken promise problem. This is a credibility problem.

I bought Trackmania Turbo on Steam because of the promise of also get Trackmania² Lagoon with it. It seems that I will not get Trackmania² Lagoon for free. So, I am deeply dissapointed.

You shouldn't have said anything. Now Nadeo reputation is broken for me. Why I should buy anything more from a developer who has lied to me? I have no reason to. You failed me.

BTW, I have bought other Nadeo games before. Turbo is not my first Nadeo game.
Last edited by Siannath on 24 May 2017, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
test1234s

Post by test1234s »

+1 reddit linke dme to a nadeo guy saying we would get it for free and it seems that we won't
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

w8w8, why only until maniaplanet 5? You said we will get it for free, because we already paid for turbo, but this it not a good idea now man.. :|

I know you need da money, but we paid pretty much for turbo already
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

I know I'm in that list who clicked lagoon beta access, but I don't want to buy TMT PC just to have lagoon for an update period. Anyway.

This is what I call the NADEO vals:

1. We first knew that any TMT owner would have Maniaplanet Lagoon for free, as a way to promote Maniaplanet, the main PC platform.
2. Then it changed to only TMT PC owners would get Lagoon for free.
3. Then we knew after the lagoon beta period ended, without any advise or mail or statement, that TMT PC owners would only get Lagoon if they registered before the release.
4. Now we know that even if you registered for the beta and had TMT on PC you only get Lagoon for free during an update period. That means until Maniaplanet 5.

What will be the next move? 5$/month to play maniaplanet?
Last edited by Rots on 24 May 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Siannath

Post by Siannath »

Rots wrote: 24 May 2017, 17:24 I know I'm in that list who clicked lagoon beta access, but I don't want to buy TMT PC just to have lagoon for an update period. Anyway.

This is what I call the NADEO vals:

1. We first knew that any TMT owner would have Maniaplanet Lagoon for free, as a way to promote Maniaplanet, the main PC platform.
2. Then it changed to only TMT PC owners would get Lagoon for free.
3. Then we knew after the lagoon beta period ended, without any advise or mail or statement, that TMT PC owners would only get Lagoon if they registered before the release.
4. Now we know that even if you registered for the beta and had TMT on PC you only get Lagoon for free during an update period. That means until Maniaplanet 5.

What will be the next move? 5$/month to play maniaplanet?
They have not been any transparent to us. They lied.

Return to “Trackmania 2”