Mesh Modeler in RPG Titlepack

Moderator: NADEO

mGuy

Mesh Modeler in RPG Titlepack

Post by mGuy »

Hello !
I want to point out some things I have noticed in mesh modeler which are missing or are broken. I tested these things in RPG Titlepack and that is probably the only titlepack with these issues.

1) Custom items created with Mesh Modeler cannot be placed with micro height tool (other custom items from titlepack or imported ones can be). I am not 100% sure if that option is missing from MM or I can't find it, please tell me if that's so :)

EDIT : I have to say that I was wrong about this as this is just matter of pivot positions which you can edit in mesh modeler. sorry :D

2) Curved tube items made with MM have broken shadows when used on heavy map. I have tried them on brand new map and it was ok but on my big map (~50 000cc) shadows were completely destroyed. Only straight cylindrical items have normal shadows on heavier map.

3) Textures which are already used in titlepack cannot be used with mesh modeler. Material file is not associated with texture file from titlepack.

I really hope you can find solution to these problems, 1st one is not so much important as 2 and 3. Thanks !
Last edited by mGuy on 07 Oct 2019, 10:24, edited 2 times in total.
»»m-Guy««

Also known as : sorrow , metal_guy_21 , metal_guy_22

Twitch : m-Guy's Twitch channel
Discord : m-Guy #2789
Youtube : m-Guy's Youtube channel
Maniaplanet username : sorrowcroatia1996
Alinoa

Re: Mesh Modeler in RPG Titlepack

Post by Alinoa »

Topic moved in the Mesh Modeler forums and thank you for your report :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Chocolleight

Re: Mesh Modeler in RPG Titlepack

Post by Chocolleight »

Hi,

This mesh modeler is a blessing for RPG mappers.
Would be nice to have those three points fixed.

About textures, i also noticed that there is an option to import a texture directly from a jpg image and convert it as DDS file to be used ingame.
But when we do it then the game says it won't be visible for all the players that do not already have the texture in their game.
I don't see the point adding this option if textures you import can't be seen.
Would be insane to have this fixed too.

Thanks already !

Return to “Mesh Modeler”