Due to popular demand, here is the beta dedicated server to go with the "Trackmania² Canyon Multiplayer beta"..
http://files.maniaplanet.com/beta3/Mani ... -08-16.zip
It's still in the beta stages, and quite a few things are meant to be changed or are not fully functional yet.
And it's a beta build, so it writes tons of debug log.
But it works good enough for the beta!
It is very similar to TMF, so you won't feel disoriented..
There are a few differences though. I list the one I can think of and I'll edit the post as needed.
- as for the game, the directory layout changed, and challenges are now called "maps"(*)
- There's a subfolder "GameData/" and subfolder "UserData/" -> put your stuff in "UserData/" (I haven't made my mind about this yet, I may suppress the GameData folder in the end)
- you need /title=TMCanyon on the command line and set the packmask=0x0FFFFFFF in the config.txt (until I decide how to deal with this)
- There's one extra criteria for the maps to be accepted (they must be "validated" as for TMF, and they also must have their lightmaps computed)
- xmlrpc: the numbering of trackmania race modes are changed. 0 is now 'script' (unfortunately unavailable at this point), and 1 is round and so on..
a bug in this version has been discovered:
To workaround a potential crash, I recommend that you go no further than 60 players.
Other caveat to be aware of: at this point, the server has to send a large amount of data on each map change (~400Ko x nbplayers)
(*) I haven't yet changed the xmlrpc api to reflect this. I will however soon add the new "xxxMap()" methods - but I will keep the deprecated "xxxChallenge()" so it should be mostly compatible and painless.