What the?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hybelkanin

Re: What the?

Post by Hybelkanin »

About the people feeling they were slightly ripped off, you can hardly blame them. I am not one of those myself, mind you all, and I love TM2. But, it has been said from Nadeo TM2 would feature 3 track sets. It is even in the "centralized news about the game" topic still.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

And it will.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Hybelkanin

Post by Hybelkanin »

eyebo wrote:And it will.
You and I know that, and also that it will be a three times to price. But the average paying customer who doesn't check maniaplanet on a regular basis doesn't. So its very misleading.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

It's the only car on the posters... It's the only environment in the trailers. What average consumer is buying this completely blind without having seen at least a screenshot? You don't even need to visit maniaplanet forums, or even have seen the trailers. But when you go to buy it on Trackmania.com it's pretty clear it's a single environment, just from the pictures. You don't even need to know how to read. It's not rocket science. :roll:

Okay, NOW I'm sounding pretentious.

:pil But somehow I don't mind. 'cause you people drive me crazy. :roflol:

But I love you anyway. :thx:

Edit: And I just realized I sort of replied to the wrong thing. Consumers don't know that more environments are coming later. That's true. But what they don't know doesn't hurt them. They can clearly see what they're getting... like I said above. It's only people who played previous TM's who are going to buy it and assuming they're getting extra environments. Maybe they think that the other environments just aren't being advertised? Perhaps. Who knows. :)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Hybelkanin

Post by Hybelkanin »

I see what you mean Eyebo. :)

I didn't post what I did to be an ungrateful git or just to start something, though. I've seen previous statements, and were it not for the fact I've followed Trackmania 2 more closely for the last couple weeks, I may too have thought I'd get much more content than we did. As such I fully understand the people posting their frustrations about the content in TM2.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Okay. :thumbsup:

Screek

Post by Screek »

Offtopic: Gotta love the trackmania community, in 9 out of 10 other community this thread would have burned down in the hate of flaming :o

But it seemed to turn out pretty nicely here, considering the topic.
ionian

Post by ionian »

Screek wrote:Offtopic: Gotta love the trackmania community, in 9 out of 10 other community this thread would have burned down in the hate of flaming :o

But it seemed to turn out pretty nicely here, considering the topic.
+1

Eyebo powa ;)
Image | dr.ionianá…• | Digital Racers Forum
Biendeo

Post by Biendeo »

Yeah, I'll agree. TM2: Canyon does seem like it'd have a large number of new features. Until ShootMania and QuestMania come out, I'll say I am a bit disappointed with the game right now.

It is a great environment in my opinion, and I do enjoy making stages for this. It's not as good as Stadium in my opinion but it's up there!

My main critique is about the features presented. I can barely see any new features. Sure, there's a new graphic system, a few new options in the MediaTracker, a new coding system, but I don't see $25 of features in this title when I compare it to TMUF.

This may be because I bought TMUF 3 years ago for $20 at a store, and I had never bought any other TM games.

However, with ShootMania and QuestMania, I'm looking forward to the FPS and RPG genres that Nadeo will attempt to take on. I believe that hopefully, if you guys at Nadeo can pull it off right, you can get the 3 games to run very smoothly with each other in the community.

Side Note: Will TM2: Valley, ShootMania, and QuestMania still run inside the same game window? So I don't have to close TM2: Canyon and start up any other game?
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

They'll all be accessible inside ManiaPlanet. When you launch ManiaPlanet, it'll give you a choice which to play, and you should be able to switch between them without leaving the game. It should also switch pretty fast since the engine and all that stuff is already loaded.

It's also been reported that we'll be able to play multiple environments on the same server (presumably within the same genre). We'll see how this develops though.

And we'll be able to create custom campaigns spanning not only multiple environments within TM², but also spanning the other genres as well. I don't know if the custom campaigns is still in the works, or if its been scrapped. But at one time it was planned.

We'll see.

It's going to be really fun once we have 9 environments spanning 3 genres inside ManiaPlanet. The fun is just getting started...

Return to “Trackmania 2”