LP calculation still fails

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

novationx

Re: LP calculation still fails

Post by novationx »

Why did the asian not lose LP?

The 3rd player in my team has a lower rank & more rockets, but he loses LP. Not fair. :oops:

EDIT : Asia = different players & different rank, okay. But 0-0 in an entire match should always make u lose points imo.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Because of pings that leads to different servers, two different continents requires two different rankings to be more fair. It's made for local progression possible and means that the progression/regression system should have it's own speed. Just to give a idea, if there is 10 times less Asian players, there is 10 times less Echelon 9 places available. But depending on the Echelon, it can makes different speed of adjustement. In addition, Echelon 7 here is lower than the other people in the match.

Anyway, you even succeeded to win points while you are already Europe #1.

My two cents: you wrote:"most useless team ever" ^_^ This is not enough positive :p
novationx

Post by novationx »

Hylis wrote: My two cents: you wrote:"most useless team ever" ^_^ This is not enough positive :p
I was hoping you would not see that :D :D ( but I was very positive during the game. I always try to help new players <3 )

Also, sorry if I post bad screenshots. Only trying to help. It looked a bit unlogical thats all.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

It's good to post this type of info, it helps me think since I know that there is something we can improve on continental rankings; but that's not a priority.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

1. They would lose the ability to rank themselves in Europe
2. They would lose points for changing from one to other, and so would not be able to come back without a major loss of points
3. There would be a higher density of top Asian players and therefor a more difficult way to reach the top.

so, this trick is probably useless today, and it's important to keep an eye on it, you are right
Livert

Post by Livert »

I know this will be the "guys from another continent" thing again but I still don´t get it. The argument is that they need to be treated differently because of ping issues. But everyone can just switch continents whenever he wants which leads to guys with no ping issues not losing any points as a result of a match... How is this fair or representative?

In my opinion that argument only applies when either people can´t choose their continent but get it assigned depending on their current location or if players from different continents can´t play against each other (which shouldn´t be done because of the already low playerbase)
novationx

Post by novationx »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29433&p=240093#p239987
Free LP when a team leaves.
Too much LP because you only played 1 round.

Just click the link and you'll understand.

Return to “Shootmania Reports”