Suggestion - "Select URL" in MT

Moderator: NADEO

rat_in_car

Suggestion - "Select URL" in MT

Post by rat_in_car »

I can add image or animation to billboard usign Select URL, which is very nice because I know for 100% that url works and I don't need to create separate locator file and restart game. But in MT, if I want to use Image, I still must create locators. It will be real big improvement if someone add "Select URL" option in MT Image.

PS. Also "Select URL" for music or sounds will be nice. In fact - Select URL everywhere will be nice option that improve map creating.
rat_in_car

Re: Suggestion - "Select URL" in MT

Post by rat_in_car »

And, as usual, lot of answers killing me. :/
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

nice suggestion, wouldn't be such a big deal implementing (i guess?) and a big help for the builders :thumbsup:
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

No I don't think it would be a big deal to implement since they already have this in the MT for applying skins to ghost.
    I think this would be a good thing to have in the MT.
    And while we're talking about the MT please click link in my sig because this is also a MUST HAVE in the MT :thumbsup:

I would also like to add since the topic title is "Select URL" in MT.
    We need a PAY button when adding a skin to a ghost by select URL because I spent ages one day wondering why a skin didn't show in MT to find out later I had to pay for it :teub:

Skele
    rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

I really liked that you wrote something here, but I expect more TM-crew to answer. Sad that they don't want to answer 95% of users posts.
    TMarc

Post by TMarc »

That they don't answer does not necessarily mean they didn't read it.
    You just want to much attention they can't give. :roll:

And by allways supposing they don't read/don't answer in your messages won't help either to make them read 95% of your posts with good will. :roflol:

If they would read the forums and answer to every little message, then they would'nt do anything else anymore.
    Actually they rather work on implementing the changes they think which should be good for almost everyone.

We can only suggest things, and make them aware of bugs we find.
    But the decision is still theirs. ;)
    rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

That's optimistic point of view, but in other post I was made something different - after wrote important answer, I'll send link in PM to one of TM crew. And guess what! Surprise! After that I receive answer! Twice! I also saw a post that someone want to put all bugs in one place etc. I guess that TM crew creates forum so bad organized that they can't control anything here (imo it's impossible). I wrote about that here: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9522

If they have time to read (like you said), then they should have time to answer. We (users) are finding bugs and write our suggestions for free. More - we pay for this game. TM crew made this forum and game for cash, this is their business so I should expect answer. Is this that hard to understand?

I know you are kind of TM self-appointed defender, but I really don't care what you want to say. You cannot made any fix any bug or do anything in fact because you're not a coder. So I think best for us will be stop talking about your guessing and wishes and just wait for real answer made by someone of TM crew.
    TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Empty forums are not really the problem here as not much is happening there after all ;)

About the writing, it always depends on how you're writing it. I guess the "crazy admin" was upset because of your somehow harsh remarks there :oops:
    A similar question ("why is there the empty Korean forum?") was indeed answered: because the community will only start later there.
    Certainly only the future will show if Korean accept it as ManiaPlanet home, or if they prefer to have a more local forum (especially because of the signs of their language - same for other Asian countries).

About the wait, and that' I'm not a Nadeo coder, you're right :thumbsup:
    About the rest, you're not ;)
    rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

TMarc, as usual, you completely misunderstand what I was wrote. First time we talk when you trying to pretend that you understand what file headers was but only "testing" me or whatever (back then I was trying to say nothing about that lame behaviour). Now you read my post about overloaded and bloated forum and you think that I was wrote about empty forums or posts. Wrong! Man, sorry, but I really think that you don't understand what you read. I suppose that now you start to hates me, but believe me - my patience was really great until now. Please READ CAREFULLY and if you don't understand something, please wrote that and I, even with my poor knowledge of english, will try to explain problem better.
    TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Sorry to dissappoint you, but I don't hate you, and I was never "testing" you (must be some wrong idea you have here).
    The only thing I just don't understand is why you don't want to understand me. ;)
    Be sure, I do read carefully and I try to understand everything as good as possible.
    You simply have to accept that no one has to answer in detail to everything someone else is writing,
    as this is simply the freedom of a forum: to pick individual topics and themes.

You have taken up yourself a topic about forum organization, you have referred yourself to your own complain thread about a nearly empty part of the forum, which seemedto be unnecessary in your eyes, and I replied according to this.

So, where is your problem exactly?
    That you didn't almost get an answer to all of your reports? Or not detailed enough answers?
    Many reports are not answered, because those are not judged crititcal or can't be fixed easily and need time to be analysed, time which is not there yet.
    I'm with you that if they write "report acknowledged", this is a minimum necessary feedback.
    But this does not tell anything about a date for bugfix or update.

And what I also tried to explain is: the worse or the unfriendlier the reports are, the less there will be answers.

I think nothing is really complicated or not comprehensible here, but if you're more familiar with French or German, we can chose a different language if you still have some more patience ;)

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”