PAINT EDITOR

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

MANIATROLL

PAINT EDITOR

Post by MANIATROLL »

This topic is to discuss the paint editor, will have more updates within the current tools for painting skins? ... example in the current editor can not paint the tires, you need an external program for this, but not everyone knows how to use photoshop, and some skins can not paint in the editor, we could change the tires to like us .... etc. comments please

I paint skins, check my blog ....
http://trackmaniacars-tm.blogspot.com/
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: PAINT EDITOR

Post by metoxys »

MANIATROLL wrote:in the current editor can not paint the tires
Dumb. You should know this: TM cars have many single files. Two texture files of them are Details.dds and Diffuse.dds. Diffuse = Ingame paintable, Details = Not ingame Paintable.
Wheels, etc. = Commonly Details

But I have a WAY better suggestion.
When doing a car with the ingame painter don't save as 1024² px dds but as 2048² px. And when you open a skin which has more than 2048² px and you save it it should keep the size it had before.
I hate this loss of quality
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

metoxys wrote:
MANIATROLL wrote:in the current editor can not paint the tires
Dumb.
besides the fact that there's no need to react that way, you clearly haven't read his comment either. he was referring to what was actually paintable ingame, where tires do not belong to. your post just underlines his previous statement, while not adding any new information.
CMC JumperJackツ
tcq

Post by tcq »

@ meto
Agree with jumper about your behaviour. Read MANIATROLLs post again please.

@MANIATROLL
Yeah, would be great if it will be possible to paint all parts in the game. Maybe on different levels at it is possible now. It would be really great to get the paint dialog and choose between the normal paint system and a expert system, which is more like the skin editing with a image processing programm. So that you have instead the 3D modell where you paint on the 2D texture.
MANIATROLL

Post by MANIATROLL »

metoxys, not angry. just a suggestion because I paint every day cars

tcq and JumperJack, you understand my idea, sorry but I can not explain better.

The theme is just to improve the actions in the editor.

Have more resources to improve the painting.

It may have an interface compatible with 3d paintings, have more tools for this resource.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Mexico city, and speak little English ... but I can understand XD ... :roll:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Suggestions for creation tools are common to all games, topic moved into the maniaplanet suggestions forum.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
jamie_macdonald

Post by jamie_macdonald »

Can we add easy sticker importing, and as stated above more car part selection options?

Like open the stick brush part, click import .. browse to a png or gif, insert name of sticker, click OK, and voila, in the selection ^^

And as with the old editor from TMS upwards, car part selection, but with all individual parts selectable, maybe even going as fgar as internal painting? (making the car body invisible and then painting the seats and driver etc?)
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

...If there is gonna be a driver. :-P TM didn't actually -have- drivers until bibi's HD project...which I'm DLing as soon as it's finished. But, on another topic, since this thread is here, and Alinoa's confirmed that the editor's gonna be for all 3 games...what do you think is going to be paintable in the other two games? Do you think blocks will finally be paintable?
WIP
jamie_macdonald

Post by jamie_macdonald »

Trackmaniack wrote:Do you think blocks will finally be paintable?
That would be pretty cool if they were ^^

If not no biggie, as there will be new environment pack often (so is rumoured).
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Hylis said, that if you create a block you can choose an original texture, thats already used in the environment. But I don't know if you have to do this. But it'll be good if you do that, because then the filesize is more smaller ;)

EDIT: I found it it:
Hylis wrote:I think I already explained this. The geometry is superbly compressed in the track or replay file. For each texture you use in your block, you should select a default texture from the original set of texture in case your additionnal textures are missing. This way, all the challenges are always playable/replayable. Now, the size of the tracks could become quite bigger if changes too many things, but that's a little like loading your track with too many blocks. We have time to see what happen in that case, but that's not the best use of the system I think. It is better to have variations than extreme and total makeover made by the community to start with. An environment is too much work that also requires a lot of experience and management. So, this scenario is not our primary target.
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!

Return to “Maniaplanet”