MT Camera reset

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

kadaz

MT Camera reset

Post by kadaz »

There is also another bug with MP3.

IF, after making a Media Tracker intro and when you Export the clip to Saveas, IT RESETS the CAMERA!
Now even though I have uninstalled, and reinstalled MP3 3 times, this problem was also before on the
first installation when computeallshadows stopped working. And on this 3'rd installation, it still is a bug.

:? :? :shock: :o :!: :?: :?: :roll: :| ................
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
kadaz

Re: MT Camera reset

Post by kadaz »

It RESETS the camera both ways..

The clip camera that is already made, and if you import the same clip back in, the camera for the exported clip you just made, will remain reset too.. Now it saves some of the camera movements, but the camera positioning from the first trigger is way off the map, and likewise throughout the rest of the triggers.

This is very easily duplicated, just make a camera MT in the intro with some custom camera positioning.. same in others ingame/outro, etc.. ? Idk..

Then just export clip/saveas... and even if you click cancel, the camera's original positioning is changed.. way off the map, like said. Also, re-import it, and the same thing.

Hope that helps. :) :)
Electron

Post by Electron »

I can't reproduce this (but perhaps I've misunderstood you).
Do you try to edit a uncompatible TrackMania 1 track? Does the cam also reset using a Valley map?
Do all markers have cams that point to a valid target? Have you recorded a MediaTracker ghost?
Don't mix old big 32x32 triggers (TM1S and old Canyon) with new triggers of 1/3 size.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

No.. way to do this.. make a normal Shootmania map, make an intro MT, add a camera with custom positioning.

Then click export/save as.. done.. and it auto changes the positioning of the camera..

Now I just tried this on a new map, and it doesn't do this.. but I had it happen each time on any other map premade..

So I'm going to open one of my own existing map, and try this.. map LEVELRADE and it does reset..

And now I'm going to open one of the default Nadeo melee BRIDGETOFAR map and test this also.. YES if you put in a MT camera in the intro and then export the camera to a saveas a clip file, it does RESETS.

Download LEVELRADE - http://share.myflare.com/Rh9CBg
Electron

Post by Electron »

I can reproduce this behavior with your map and a sample Melee map of Nadeolive, but not with my maps and newly created maps. Just as you described it. I have no idea about the cause.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

:arrow: I have to yet test this with a new install of OS and Maniaplanet, be back later.

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”