Is there ANY way to change my account name? Or to make a new account without re-buying all the games?

Moderator: English Moderator

Neonetik

Is there ANY way to change my account name? Or to make a new account without re-buying all the games?

Post by Neonetik »

I made a Maniaplanet account for the first Steam game (united, and if that's not maniaplanet, then the '2' series of games) like a decade ago, and only just recently wanted to to get back into Trackmania 2 which I bought many years ago ago, but I have really cringey account name that pains me every single time I have to see it, and can't find any method of changing it, or switching to another account, which I am desperate to do for my own mental sanity. And yes, I am aware you can change nicknames. I am not talking about that.

I honestly couldn't give a damn if I lost all my data. I just want a fresh start. Is this not possible if I already own and have signed into the games on Steam? Would I need to create an entirely new steam account or something? Surely there must be some way to do this with the games I've paid for.

I tried simply making a new maniaplanet account and logging in through that, but it tells me that the CD key is already in use. Hell, even if I did delete my games and buy then again through steam (where I want my games to be), it wouldn't change the CD keys.

I'm confused, and would really appreciate some advice here. Surely in the year 2020, there must be SOME way to change my account name and stuff, no?

Thank you.
TMarc

Re: Is there ANY way to change my account name? Or to make a new account without re-buying all the games?

Post by TMarc »

Account related queries are normally handeled by Ubisoft.
You can try to request a change of your Maniaplanet login,
but I doubt they will do that.

As second option you could indeed purchase new keys, but you need to take care to register them on a new Maniaplanet account. In order to be able to do that, you need to start the launcher, the configuration utility, and set it to use multiple accounts.
Effectively you would lose all the progress etc.
Miss

Re: Is there ANY way to change my account name? Or to make a new account without re-buying all the games?

Post by Miss »

Unfortunately they have never changed anyone's login and are actively refusing to do so :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”