The game is just starting!

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

The game is just starting!

Post by Hylis » 15 Dec 2011, 11:15

After some other topics, I would like to repeat a little what I explained to a community member, JonTheKiller, that was at the ShootMania showmatch.

Today, the game is already big and the community as well. If you look at the sites, the videos, the competitions, the number of servers, the mods, the cars, the maps etc. So, it is difficult to make it bigger instantly and give the impression of a great percentage increase. TrackMania has already 8 years behind, and one more month will do less difference than first months. But take a look at what is being done everywhere, and you can feel that it is still growing. Also, since the release, Nadeo Live has provide a ManiaConnect interface, made the group more usable, created the calendar events tool, updated ManiaLive etc. More is to come in the upcoming weeks, and there is a need to see the global picture in order to have all the dynamics to start combining well. The main checkpoint of this will be the release of Maniaplanet 2.0.

But, the most important is the number of players, off course. So, while the game is above all paid TM version so far, stable and will surely increase with Christmas in that area, it is still very small compared to the ambition for Maniaplanet. And in that perspective, we are in the early months of it. We will bring more attention to the platform when it is more interesting to do it. The goal is to make this after Maniaplanet 2.0 and closer to Storm release. Meanwhile, many additionnal improvements are being done to optimise this time.

For the community, the most important is to welcome nicely the new players and new initiative. For them, they are in contact of really highly experienced players, and this is like skill game, it can be discouraging to see the level once you arrive years after. But if the community has less new entry for each player, it is going to grow old too fast ^_^ In fact, I think the community is readying itself also to welcome new players later. I have seen the new interface of the website JonTheKiller is writing for, two months ago, and it is also a slow but promising grow to enable everything to be in a bigger way.

I know people would like to have dates for all this, but if we give them, we diminish our capacity to adapt the development in order to pick the best moment for release. So, we will announce them just before the release.

My target is make Maniaplanet with tons of players, off course. And toward the community, I hope this for everyone of people in it that are making things for others as well. I am just so exited when I think that all Shootmania players will discover what you have achieve so far when they arrive. It is often the kind of feedback that I have: "they have no idea how big it is behind, and they will be really surprise!" and we are getting closer to it everyday.

And sorry for the time we have to wait, but we are doing our best to make it as soon as possible. You can believe us that we are SO looking forward to the big party :yes:
Florent

metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: The game is just starting!

Post by metoxys » 15 Dec 2011, 11:45

Oh my god!
Monsieur Florent spoke to us! And I'm the first to reply!
How are you, Florent? Is work going fine? When can we expect MP 2.0 or other updates/fixes?

w1lla

Post by w1lla » 15 Dec 2011, 11:49

GG and best hopes for Nadeo team for all the effort they are putting in and going to do for the benefit.

too bad, that they don't ask the community for some help which in some things might work quite good for them with the same experience ;)... :1010
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller » 15 Dec 2011, 13:20

metoxys wrote:Oh my god!
Monsieur Florent spoke to us! And I'm the first to reply!
How are you, Florent? Is work going fine? When can we expect MP 2.0 or other updates/fixes?
He can't give some dates ^^
Hylis wrote:I know people would like to have dates for all this, but if we give them, we diminish our capacity to adapt the development in order to pick the best moment for release. So, we will announce them just before the release.
It's the same for Storm or MP 2.0.

And thanks Hylis for this post :thumbsup:

Kryw

Post by Kryw » 15 Dec 2011, 13:28

Stadium on Shootmania ? :roflol:

kripkee

Post by kripkee » 15 Dec 2011, 13:37

Kryw wrote:Stadium on Shootmania ? :roflol:
Still wait of "GenreMix" :mrgreen:

Good luck Hylis(nadeo) and I hope I can create a nice hall in shootmania :D

Wormii
Translator
Translator

Post by Wormii » 15 Dec 2011, 14:30

Maybe MixD will mix the genres one day :D Or not ^^
wormi27z, wormi, w_rmi, kybermato, Worm, previously from teams [DFF], pls., Don|, PENTA>>, PkD/, [FBR], nyan'

Alter-Fox

Post by Alter-Fox » 15 Dec 2011, 15:30

Kryw wrote:Stadium on Shootmania ? :roflol:
You mean like this?
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I picked it up, and then I was a panther.
Beware my original music at https://vertigofox.bandcamp.com, & https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

mistertl
Translator
Translator

Post by mistertl » 15 Dec 2011, 16:27

Thanks for the post, Hylis :)
I'm really looking forward to ManiaPlanet 2.0 and ShootMania :D
OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4,2 GHz | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 |
MB: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | HDD(s): Crucial MX100 512 GB, WD Caviar Black 7200 rpm 500 GB | Sound: Realtek ALC1220

xis101

Post by xis101 » 15 Dec 2011, 17:43

Hylis wrote:.., created the calendar events tool, ..
sorry, I missed this. where can I find some infos about it?

Return to “Trackmania 2”