I's been a while since I last posted anything in this topic, versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 already came out, plus since ManiaPlanet 4 there are no Pursuit servers available anymore. But.Great news are coming.
Prepare yourselves for the Pursuit title.
I'm working on the Pursuit title right now, it's pretty old idea, which is now revived due new possibilities TrackMania scripting gives me. You may expect completely refreshed Pursuit in about 2 weeks or less - current features improved, performance overhaul and much more listed below.
- Completely new title with separate ladder, unifying 3 game modes: Pursuit, Pursuit PRO and Hunters.
- Not made using title maker, but featuring ManiaPlanet 4 menus.
- New, beautiful UI borrowed from Galaxy, in addition to Turbo-inspired drift counter, air time counter and stunts display.
- Special soundtracks.
- Tons of custom objects included directly in the title, no need to embed them in maps.
- Splitscreen variations for Pursuit and Hunters modes, including "4 display Eyefinity" mode.
- Pursuit maptype, giving easy access to the OffZone Placing plugin.
- Improved dynamic time limit: longer rounds for a few players and shorter rounds for big groups of players.
- Ability to use any of 4 available cars on Canyon, Valley and Lagoon maps and switch them dynamically while playing - different cars on one map!
- Police ranger model forced as a skin for players in Police team, probably also including skins varying on the player's location.
- Round can start with multiple policemen, up to 3 players can declare they will to be policemen at the beginning (choosing random 3 if more than 3 players want to be policemen). There has to be at least 1 thief at the beginning anyway.
- Respawning policemen will drive a bit slower vehicles, depending on how many thieves are there left (doesn't include StadiumCar).
- Client-side statistics for catches, survived time and some more.
- Revival of Pursuit PRO game mode and matchmaking program in TrackMania, as well as free for all programs for Pursuit and Hunters.
- Planned for future: minimap, streaks and pause menu from Galaxy.
(Yes Marius, the points system.)
As you can see, a lot is coming for Pursuit to make it more alive again! See you soon!.
Minigame: count all occurences of the word "Pursuit" in this whole topic.