Are you tired of the dull "competitive scene" of TrackMania? Would you like to waste your life by doing something else than hunting your grandma's A08 personal best? Looking for some fresh, entertaining experience? Try out Galaxy!
Galaxy is different than anything else in TrackMania. It's an ever-expanding collection of various game modes introducing new gameplay mechanics and tactics to learn. Run for your freedom as a thief or execute the law as a cop in an intensive Pursuit match. Discover a new way of racing by hunting checkpoints in Goal Hunt. Hunt your opponents and avoid being hunted in Hunters. And yet, there's still much more to come in the future!
After over 2 and a half years since its first appearance, Pursuit made its way into its own 2 titles - Stadium one, dedicated to Pursuit's strong, core community, as well as a multi-environment pack, made for the TrackMania channel. These titles have evolved into TrackMania's counterpart of ShootMania Galaxy - a collection of various modes sharing similar game mechanics. At some point, ShootMania's pack will be revived and both projects will fully merge under a shared foundation.
By now probably the most iconic user-made mode for TrackMania. Run for your freedom as a thief, or execute the law as a police officer.
At the very beginning of round, everyone join Thieves team. After a few seconds, the first officer is selected. From now on, thieves must run away or hide, as the police team will be looking after them. When an officer captures a thief (by driving through them), they join the police forces. Round is over then all thieves are caught or time runs out.
Worth to know while playing Pursuit:
- Color of your interface tells you which team are you on: police or thieves.
- To tell a difference between a thief and an officer, look at the color of their nametag.
- As a thief, you are unable to respawn immediately - you have to wait a short time and stand still before you're moved back to the spawn point.
- Leaving map area is impossible. If you drive outside of the building zone or fall into the void, you'll be respawned and forced to the police team.
- Keep in mind that not everyone got a flawless Internet connection. Sometimes it may look as if you captured someone, but in reality, the server may have not registered that. Other players may be seen with a tiny delay.
- Make sure the map type is set to PursuitArena, else it won't be accepted by the server.
- A map only requires two things: a spawn block and a podium. You can also use multilap block with 1 checkpoint instead of regular spawn. You cannot place a finish line.
- You don't need to validate your map - once you've placed the required blocks, your map is ready to roll on the server.
- Pursuit map should be a closed area, surrounded by a tall barrier made of anything (high mountains, wall, glass). It can also be an island in the middle of a lake or suspended in mid-air. If going outside of your map is possible, it will be rejected.
- If you are building a map over water or just don't want players to dive in any ponds, check the Pursuit Map Settings for an adequate option that eliminates players in the water.
- Explore the Pursuit Map Settings and different Zones to enhance your map with additional gameplay mechanics.
Goal Hunt may seem like a normal race at first, but the moment you hop in you'll notice a significant difference. In Goal Hunt your task is to reach the highlighted checkpoint first to score the most points. When someone captures a checkpoint, another one is randomly selected. Someone was quicker and captured the checkpoint before you? Don't worry, you can cross the 2 previously highlighted goals to gain some fewer points.
What to know while playing Goal Hunt:
- Goal Hunt is a points-based mode, where the player with the highest score wins the map.
- A random checkpoint - Target #1 - is selected randomly for all players. All players have the same Target #1.
- The first player to reach the Target #1 will score 3 points. A new Target is then randomly selected.
- A new Target #1 might be selected automatically if nobody manages to reach it within 45 seconds.
- If the Target #1 was captured by someone else, it will turn into Target #2 for you. It scores fewer points on capture. You're able to capture up to 2 previous Targets before they vanish upon next Target selection.
- Any respawn (manual, Zone elimination, vehicle change) takes 1 point away from your score.
If you're interested in building a map for Goal Hunt:
- Make sure the map type is set to GoalHuntArena, else it won't be accepted by the server.
- A spawn block and a podium. You can also use multilap block with 1 checkpoint instead of regular spawn. You cannot place a finish line.
- At least 5 supported checkpoints. The mode supports only Nadeo blocks, excluding some exceptions.
- Map type tells you how many checkpoints you've placed and lists the names of all checkpoints, which are currently not supported.
- Build arenas and not necessarily road systems. Arenas are easier to drive on.
- Make the map accessible and easy to navigate. We don't want players to have difficulties in getting back on track after capturing a checkpoint.
- Just do a nice looking map with a variety of checkpoints and everyone will be happy.
Hunters is a wild Pursuit spin-off. Instead of chasing thieves, everyone is chasing everyone! Once the game starts, you'll receive a target - a player you're supposed to catch in order to score points. The only problem is - someone else is hunting you as well. You don't know who your hunter is. Catch your target to score 1 point. You'll be assigned a new target once you've dealt with the current one (and there are players available). You have to wait 5 seconds to respawn or change your vehicle when someone is hunting you. One map lasts for 5 minutes. The game ends once the time reaches zero or someone reaches the point limit.
To build a map for Hunters, follow the guidelines of a Pursuit map. Additionally:
- Use HuntersArena, rather than PursuitArena, it makes easier to categorize the maps online.
- Hunters maps should usually be small, allowing for more dynamic matches, where everyone is in the same place.
- Avoid using Zones and water - targets are likely to be eliminated through a Zone, rather than a capture itself. It takes away the skill and tactical part of the mode.
Use in-game store to find all Galaxy titles.
TrackMania² Galaxy Multienvironment
TrackMania² Galaxy Stadium
TrackMania² Galaxy Canary
Find maps built for Galaxy on Mania Exchange: