This project supposed to be only a little tool for me and my friends to play TrackMania at school, but it ended as another title pack.
What does the Split Screen title pack offer?
This title is made for everyone, who would like to play essential mode of TrackMania - Time Attack - with up to 4 people on a single machine. For over 4 years we were able to only play boring rounds mode, but now things became real. Completely new interface inspired by Turbo, multi-environment support and a few other improvements were made.
Download from the ManiaPlanet Store
Direct link: http://dominolink.aq.pl/splitscreen/Spl ... e.Pack.Gbx
How to play?
All you need to do is to install the title and configure local split screen play. Go to the Local Play menu, click Split Screen and select amount of players. There you can select profiles of the players and their input devices. After configuration is done, click Continue and select playlist you want to play.
- 2 players mode supports only horizontal screen division.
- Gamepads of the players by default will have bindings, that can abuse game (like pause, restart). Make sure all players know their controls.
- Pressing Delete (or specific button on gamepad) will respawn all players on start lane. Beware of pressing it.
- Due various game engine bugs only start-up via playlist is working. Selecting maps and clicking Play will make you stuck in menus with no way out.
- Game likes also to sometimes show black screen. If this happens, only game restart can help.
- All other bugs in menus / ingame aren't caused by me.
- Play Time Attack mode with up to 4 players on local split screen.
- New menu and ingame interface heavily inspired by TrackMania Turbo.
- Dynamic scores table placed in top left screen corner, showing time difference to the first player.
- Updated pause menu for easy management of the time limit and map skipping.
- Running on all environments - Canyon, Stadium and Valley.
- Displaying stunts names and list of the best stunters of the map.