Hello Planet #6

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

i7mean

Re: Hello Planet #6

Post by i7mean »

For me it will be modification and/or new tracks on the campaign. Entire new season means all the official times and training times deleted. Always official means our training times becomes automatically official without that 5 minutes sh*t.

PLEASE NADEO DON'T DO LIKE TURBO, KEEP THE SKILLPOINTS.
edk

Post by edk »

I don't think that deleting everything would be very cool. Maybe it doesn't mean anything to people that have never bothered to hunt anything in the campaign, but some of us, myself included have put quite some good effort into it.

TMU is still going and I could only imagine the uproar if they decided to wipe everything and start over.
marios2000

Post by marios2000 »

But how would they be supposed to make them official edk? I mean they don't have the replay files of our unofficial records so you could only drive against the new ones.. Would be awesome if nadeo could compromise so we could send like wr replays (or top3) for them to make it official but I dunno if it is possible when they change details of the maps.
I'm definately not gonna rehunt all the maps (especially A08) because it would be a real disappointment to know that all your effort you put into the campaign was just wasted time..
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

edk I don't want them to do so neither I just told what I understood from their post.

But to be honest, the number of frustrated players who left the solomode because of the 5 minutes rule is enormous.
I mean this rule destroyed the solomode (even tho some players like you mastered it). There are more players in TM2 than in TMU (those who bought an account) but the TMU solomode is 250x more developped, competitive and played than the TM2 one.

As I already said some few players are enjoying it ect... but it is almost left out. Is it worth it to be in the top but nobody gives a damn ? :?
marios2000

Post by marios2000 »

He isn't complaining about the always official (I think it should have been like that from the beginning (it's good they'll make it like that)) but about all the times already driven not being counted anymore (if it is the case) because of all the ragequits and the time some people (including me) have put into this.
edk

Post by edk »

Yeah, I don't mind always official or anything. Only gripe I ever had is with United and how it favors accumulating coppers. I just like fair systems, whether it's always official or not, and the Turbo system is perfectly fine.

As what Marios2000 says, it's just that you put time into something over the course of 4-5 years... and then it's just gone... that's a pretty big hit. I mean, some of these times are near impossible to duplicate, taking an enormous amount of dedication, skill, and luck. I like the idea of seasons, I just don't like the idea of losing all the work that's already been put in. I mean, I still have my WoW characters that were created in 2004.

I'm not sure we've heard of anything regarding unofficial replays being saved on Nadeo servers or not. What I do know is that after full OS reinstalls that your best times are in fact saved in their database. We'd have to hear from Nadeo whether or not the actual replays are saved.

At the very least I'd hope their would be some form of archived ladder besides my own screenshots. Perhaps crown an Official Champion and make a celebration of the time and effort players have put into it up to this point. That way everything is not just... gone.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Our goal is indeed to make the official & final Maniaplanet 3 solo ranking before updating and would be cool to also give tags to top 100 for exemple
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

I remember that I heard that there will be a complet new campaign with complet new maps. Is that true or bullshit?
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Hylis wrote: Trackmania² solo campaigns

It’s at the occasion of this update that we’ll officialize the records done in the solo on Trackmania and we’ll launch a new season on the campaigns of Canyon/Valley/Stadium/Lagoon which will integrate the modifications of the tracks, also allowing to integrate some new blocks and rules changes like the switch to the “always official”.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Miss

Post by Miss »

domino54 wrote:
Hylis wrote: Trackmania² solo campaigns

It’s at the occasion of this update that we’ll officialize the records done in the solo on Trackmania and we’ll launch a new season on the campaigns of Canyon/Valley/Stadium/Lagoon which will integrate the modifications of the tracks, also allowing to integrate some new blocks and rules changes like the switch to the “always official”.
Sooo... only updated maps? That quote doesn't clarify a whole lot :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Announcements”