Q: What we can do with these blocks?

Talk about the map editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Q: What we can do with these blocks?

Post by djhubertus »

Maniaplanet 3 add 2 interesting blocks to Shootmania, one looks like blue crystal with tag collector and it's placed in the same group with poles/checkpoints.

The other new block is a white(or grey) billboard and when I click F3 I can't skin this block.

What we can do/script with these blocks?
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: Q: What we can do with these blocks?

Post by Dommy »

Crystal is useless decoration that is in game since over 1 year and in Invasion is used as tower to tag Toad spawns.

White banner is just holding color of team (base).
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

If crystal is useless and we can only spawn bots, why it's located on goals group?

The second banner is also useless anyway, I wish interactive banner that will work like 3d spawn screen.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

djhubertus wrote:If crystal is useless and we can only spawn bots, why it's located on goals group?

The second banner is also useless anyway, I wish interactive banner that will work like 3d spawn screen.
It once WAS a goal block, people did use it in some of their obstacle maps as finish, but then Nadeo just reased that function, breaking all of those maps.

They are simply dumb as fuck, that's the answer to all of your questions.
Last edited by UrinStein on 30 Aug 2014, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

Ban incoming :D <3
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
UrinStein

Post by UrinStein »

novationx wrote:Ban incoming :D <3
Pff, but it must be said.

It is strange to give us this block as a goal to begin with. Almost no one understood that even one year later. And the few people that DID understand are now screwed cause their maps were broken by this totally useless change.

Dumb or not dumb?
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

UrinStein wrote:
novationx wrote:Ban incoming :D <3
Pff, but it must be said.

It is strange to give us this block as a goal to begin with. Almost no one understood that even one year later. And the few people that DID understand are now screwed cause their maps were broken by this totally useless change.

Dumb or not dumb?
It is. And the problem is that there are quite a few people calling Nadeo out for being stupid on many different aspects of this game. However, instead of exploring wether or not there is something to these claims of them doing stupid stuff, they would rather ban, ignore and just call people haters and go about their day thinking every little thing they do is perfect and glorious.

And that is the explanation for why this game has less players now than after launch.

It has once again gotten a tiny boost from ESWC, and those players will soon enough disappear after qualifiers/main event.

Nadeo and Hylis can sit there and talk about their 5-15 year plan, but fact of the matter is that THEY are the reason the current game doesn't have more players.

And they refuse to acknowledge this simple fact. And that is the exact reason why this game will never ever get off the ground.
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... or#p168760

For what I know, their original purpose was to give the possibility to script / game modes to add a collectible source of" value" (energy, money, I don't know). Also allowing to add different values to parts of maps / bases depending on how many there are on that base.
I don't know the state of this, this is not my part.

Note : I think everybody knows, since a while, that you think nadeo is dumb, so you can stop saying that every 2 posts.
Fix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Fix »

djhubertus wrote:If crystal is useless and we can only spawn bots, why it's located on goals group?

Well, I think that in a "domination" gamemode, seeing from far that a base/ goal has been captured isn't that useless.
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

I would like to be able to access collector as MapLandmarks_Collector, where it has it base, collector (sth like player score class for block) and gauge (energy) that would be displayed as crystal brighter light :)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

Return to “Map Editor”