Dommy
Translator
Translator

@Nadeo: TM Pursuit 70k?

Post by Dommy »

@NADEO

Hellow,
I come with a question:

Since Pursuit is popular mode, I'd like to ask if there is any chance of making our server running on higher ladder limits. I understand conditions of ladder servers, the players amount limit, no lol maps, etc. Many players like the mode, but they're disappointed that they can't have any rewards for playing it. There was a server ranking plugin, but we had to shut it down and it wasn't even counting points correctly. I'll replace it with new, scripted one in 2.0 release.

I hope it's not a big deal and it can bring back fun for players with echelons 5 - 6. :thx:

To summarize, what is my wish:
Pursuit server 70k ladder (we would love 80k too!)
- Stadium Public
- Open arena maps (theyre NOT lol, only special for gametype)
- 255 players limit (with current playerbase it's almost infinite)
- No ingerention with Dedimania (clearly useless here)
- Time limit ~8 minutes per round (avg with >20 players, decreases dynamically with round progress)

Thanks for reading & we hope it's OK for you. :)
- Dommy
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Alinoa

Re: @Nadeo: TM Pursuit 70k?

Post by Alinoa »

70k servers should follow the rules below:
Public
20 players max
No lol map
Tracks length >= 20 seconds

Why do you want to set up 255 for the players limit?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Rots
Translator
Translator

Post by Rots »

Does that answer to the question dommy made? He is asking if he has any possibility to set a custom "no race" mode in laddered mode (as official gamemodes are all race TA, rounds, team, cup) and this to be legal ladderside.

Player limit aside
TrackMania Original brought me here... Here I am since 2006
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Oops Sorry^^, my answer was not very clear.
I'm ok with the following criteria:
- Stadium Public
- Open arena maps (theyre NOT lol, only special for gametype)
- No ingerention with Dedimania (clearly useless here)
- Time limit ~8 minutes per round (avg with >20 players, decreases dynamically with round progress)

But I don't understand why the limit player of the server should be 255. Is it ok for having a players limit at 20?
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Hey,

everyday are players on the pursuit-server. At updates ~40 players. I think, it's right, to have more than 50 slots ;)
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Usually Pursuit is played with 30-40 players. One day we got 100 players at once (shortly after first release), updates bring around 20 players to check what's new, and finally a cup in size of fBs Weekly Race is planned (200+ players at once :mrgreen: ).

TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

Higher players counts results in faster LP gains for high ranked players, which is what Nando wants to avoid by restricting the player counts.
You're probably free to do what the hell you want in custom titlepacks, though.
=3
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

TGYoshi wrote:You're probably free to do what the hell you want in custom titlepacks, though.
Sure, and this is why soon I'll make one title pack with all my modes and put everywhere 80k ladder. Even we can modify ladder progression on http://mp01.maniaplanet.com/ for title packs.

TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

Alinoa wrote: But I don't understand why the limit player of the server should be 255. Is it ok for having a players limit at 20?
I don't understand why having a 20 player limit? It is harder to win against 237(maximum what maniaplanet is able to handle) player than against 20 or 16 or 12 or 8.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

TheBigG. wrote:
Alinoa wrote: But I don't understand why the limit player of the server should be 255. Is it ok for having a players limit at 20?
I don't understand why having a 20 player limit? It is harder to win against 237(maximum what maniaplanet is able to handle) player than against 20 or 16 or 12 or 8.
TGYoshi wrote:Higher players counts results in faster LP gains for high ranked players, which is what Nando wants to avoid by restricting the player counts.
It's very significant, really.
=3

Return to “Ladder Servers”