ShootMania Galaxy

Moderator: English Moderator

Miss

Re: SM // Galaxy Open Beta!

Post by Miss »

domino54 wrote:
Miss wrote:
You said you have limited ressources, but if you offer, then we can configure some servers later today. ;) N-Jin also told he could host server, but I couldn't catch him online.
Well I said that back when your gamemodes were running full CPU power while idle.. :?

I think you fixed that a while ago which is good, so no problem now. Hit me up on Steam if you need me :thumbsup:

Edit: Enjoy :D :thumbsup:

3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Golden Dunk v2 Beta Testing!

25th July 2016, 20 - 24 CET

See you online, at Velox & GTX Golden Dunk v2 server!
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

I'll join at 22:00 or something :)

(and discretely upping this thread)
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
Guix
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Guix »

Same for me, around 22:00 :)
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

That would be great :) I'll be there too
:D
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

Quick feedback after having a great time

* What bothered me the most : the delay between getting the ball and the message. It confused me every time (did I got it or not ?)
* I would be awesome if the ball could disappear when no ball is present
* I really liked the map Prefection
* Exhausting mode, after a few rounds I definitively need to take a break :p (maybe shorter rounds ?)

The fact that the offzone can have two purpose is confusing at first (I asked myself for quite a while if I was capturing when I died in the zone with the ball)
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

I would like to say really big thank you to everyone, who participated today in the Golden Dunk beta testing! :thx: At first, I'm also sorry for a trouble with downloading title pack from the store - there was a type on file name and you couldn't download it, but thanks to Hylis note, it was fixed really quickly (and people instantly started joining us). I'm amazed of how many people joined us today (maximum amount of players was 20 (!)). Feedback on chat was mostly positive, I understand, that mode is confusing at first encounter, but later it becomes simpler and enjoyable. I didn't encounter lots of bugs, game mode was working almost perfectly (excluding small display lag and details). ut anyway, thanks again for playing with us and see you online next time! :thumbsup:
magnetik wrote:* What bothered me the most : the delay between getting the ball and the message. It confused me every time (did I got it or not ?)
It's because I'm sending tons of information through netwrite/netread. Custom messages and interfaces are built like that and unfortunately have small delay with loads of people.
magnetik wrote:* I would be awesome if the ball could disappear when no ball is present
The feature was here, but I didn't see I bugged it somehow with recent update. It will be again hidden when there are no balls in next patch.
magnetik wrote:Exhausting mode, after a few rounds I definitively need to take a break :p (maybe shorter rounds ?)
Each round takes 5 minutes, I'll consider cutting it to only 4 minutes (by default) in next patch.
ManiaDesign wrote:That would be great :) I'll be there too
Yeah, you were online for so long today...
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

It was a fun experience with diverse things to do: pick weapons, go to shield, try to score, protect the goal etc. I also found the mode intense and well done without glitches or bugs. I was not seeing the ball when all were taken btw, so it was okay for me.

I would like, and it's really personal taste, to see more clearly what's happening. And increasing the structure and spectating opportunities would be m first bet. If you take basketball, I would take the attack/defense structure & the fact that you are on the side of the field and watch sometime (and it could help balance at lower number of players)

I would also love to know what is missing for you to make it better from Maniaplanet needs perspective & what is taking you too long. Our goal is to make the tool more powerful: more capable & faster to use. There is a lot of nice details in the execution and the way we work is to usually see how we can make them possible more easily, in order to enable to concentrate on higher levels.

And by the way, yesterday was an event, such I described in HP6, and it was cool to see that it's somehow working
In the same mind – and in the context of a bigger project on which we’ll communicate later and where we need to determine if we can make it for Maniaplanet 4 – we’re already integrating an events system, allowing organizers to make live reports of ongoing events for players or spectators. It’ll be also possible for groups to join these events. The events could have multiple steps, like weekly cups or qualifications on several stages.
And I intend to talk about the bigger project when we will be closer to making it. This is the central piece of the puzzle and perfectly match with the idea of having both your mode, elite :p & other cool stuff around for Shootmania, or Stadium, Valley, Canyon & Lagoon on Trackmania.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

domino54 wrote:
you don't want to know, what happened with me after eating the wrong dinner :cry:
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Ok also here my feedback once again. Unfortanetly I was only able to play 2 maps yesterday, but still...

First of all the gamemode seems to choatic for me. Especially on the first map, we've played everybody is running around your head right after you spawn and everything is happening at the same time. It was a little bit better on the second map, since it was a little bit bigger. But still... graping the ball and try to score, defending the own goal, collecting items, captatuing your own pole, capturing the opponent pole and killing other players at the same time. I just don't know what to do first. It is just way to much imo.
My suggestion would be either delete the poles completly, so players always die when the score or make it so you only need to capture your own pole and it's shrinking on its own, but players from the other team have no effect on your pole at all anymore. Let's say the offzone is deactivated when the pole is above 50%, so you should always look at capturing it from time to time, so it won't shrink under 50%.

Another thing that I noticed was, that I almost never could find weapons but then I killed on player who droped 5 weapons at the same time. And ofc I took all of them and so did the guy who killed me afterwards. Over some time all weapons will end up being at one player, cause there is no way they gone be seperated after once graped.
Solution would be making them respawn instantly after the player died or make it like a 50% chance if it will drop or respawn.

Like it is now it just felt very choatic for me, but I started to like it when I left :P
ManiaDesign wrote:
domino54 wrote:
you don't want to know, what happened with me after eating the wrong dinner :cry:
You saw a rainbow unicorn! :o
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server

Return to “Title Packs”