Famous domino54 ManiaScripter made an exclusive script edition of MX Knockout, which is the winning idea of my little "I'll Create YOUR TrackMania Mode" contest!
Download: (open source!)
https://github.com/domino54/title-packs ... Script.txt
Join our GTX server to test mode:
http://maniapla.net/#join=gtx-mx-knocko ... @nadeolabs
How does it work?
It's a Rounds & Laps gamemode combined in one script, with KO system. Knockout starts after previous one's end, if there are at least 2 players on the server. The most important rules are kept! One Knockout can be played on several maps using both Round and Laps modes! :d
Warning: the mode doesn't allow players to leave the server/switch to spectator - players doing that are removed from the racing list until next Knockout begins.
Rounds Mode rules (non-multilap maps)
- At the map beginning all players join the Knockout.
- Every round end the slowest player or all DNFs are KO (they aren't forced to spectate, they're just not spawning). Players are noticed about the round winner (first player to reach finish line) with status message on top of the screen.
- If someone gives up (press Delete) he gets KO and all players, that finished map are safe (DNFs are KO too).
- The rounds amount on map can be infinite or fixed. When fixed, after n rounds Knockout continues on next map. Next map can be in both Rounds or Laps mode.
- All players are spawned at the start of the map.
- Each lap, when the player in front of last guy cross finish line, last player is KO (except if first player doubled at least 2 players, KO isn't forced to spectate, he's just not spawning). Players are noticed about next lap with status message on top of the screen.
- If someone gives up (press Delete) he gets KO and all players are safe when first player passes next lap.
- The laps amount on map can be infinite or fixed. When fixed, after n laps Knockout continues on next map. Next map can be in both Rounds or Laps mode.
- Players gain points for surviving KOs of other players. 1 point for each racing player when someone is KO.
- During both Laps and Rounds players that are still racing are dynamically sorted in ranking exactly like in original Laps mode, by amount of checkpoints passed and the time. At the round/map end players are sort by points amount back.
- In Laps mode current player times are shown in ranking.
- While playing, in ranking all racing players have white cards and all others (including spectators) are black.
- Each round end players, that are still racing are colorized: green if they pass to the next round and red if they are KO.
- When someone gives up, status message is displayed on screen.
Amount of maps on each map. If set 0 or below rounds are infinite. Otherwise map is played n rounds and after that Knockout continues on the next map.
Set number of laps. If set 0 or below laps are infinite. Otherwise players can drive n amount of laps, then Knockout continues on the next map. Players that don't finish after timeout aren't KO.
- S_AdminHoldStart (hidden)
Setting it True will prevent server from starting the next Knockout, until it's set back to False (server stay in "Waiting for players" mode with Time Attack minigame).
- S_AdminSetPause (hidden)
Setting it True will pause mode before the next round until it's sat back to False. Pause is actually Time Attack minigame that can be played also by KO players. Players are sort by the fastest time and after resuming the mode everything goes back to normal.
The mode is still in development. You may encounter some bugs/glitches. If you found something tiny or huge exploit, please fost it in this forum thread, or send me PM. I'm also open to hear from you any suggestions/wishes.
Have a great fun with the mode,
domino54 / dommy'54
+ Unlimited Rounds & Laps support (defaut, set rounds per map and/or force laps to 0 to activate)
+ Added "Give up" in scores table for players that gave up
+ Laps: instead players times score table displays time difference with the leader
+ Translations library suport (get it on my GitHub)
+ Round ends instantly when last player reaches the finish line
+ Default finish timout is now 20 seconds
+ Added mode description (in help window)
+ Added mode status message (in server join window, shows players count)
+ XmlRpc callbacks for KOPlayerAdded, KOPlayerRemoved, KOSendWinner
+ Hide previous time and best time
+ Fixed color not changing to default after pause Time Attack start
+ Fixed multilap races extreme knocking issues
+ Added ability to hide multilap info when at least 1 lap is forced
+ Added default XmlRpc callbacks in Time Attack (waiting for players & pause)
+ It's possible to force a custom manialink interface through a setting
+ Better time difference in ranking for Laps mode (colors, time is cut to seconds)
+ (Experimental) DoubleKO mode - knock 2 players until setting value is reached (default: 20)
+ Fix: Players could give up (Delete) after finishing a race
+ Added "Kick" in ranking for Laps mode, "Give up" and "Kick" are now translated
+ Fixed most bugs.
+ New Laps knocking system: last player is KO, when someone in front of him cross finish line.
+ Added Update Checker library: display notification if any script used by the mode has available update on my GitHub! Checks for update always when new map begins.