Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 1998
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Miss » 22 Jan 2018, 10:32

Alinoa wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 09:42
Hi,
To play the platform pack, you can use MP3 available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41242.
This is the same answer as was given to OP in a similar thread last year. The question isn't how to play it, the question is why it's not being ported over to MP4.
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

User avatar
riolu
Posts: 1348
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 18:39
Location: Germany

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by riolu » 22 Jan 2018, 10:56

Same applies to the multienvironment titlepack, which hasn't seen an update ever since MP4 got released. That one should be even higher on Nadeo's priority list as the lack of it has a huge impact on the online community. I'd like to know why such essential titlepacks such as multienvironment or Platform seem to be completely left behind out of a sudden.

User avatar
Dommy
Translator
Translator
Posts: 1899
Joined: 25 Aug 2011, 21:45
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Dommy » 22 Jan 2018, 12:16

Alinoa wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 09:42
Hi,
To play the platform pack, you can use MP3 available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41242.
That's a workaround, not the solution. What players want, is Platform pack updated and playable in ManiaPlanet 4 (possibly with ability to create own Platform campaign within Maker).
riolu wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 10:56
Same applies to the multienvironment titlepack, which hasn't seen an update ever since MP4 got released. That one should be even higher on Nadeo's priority list as the lack of it has a huge impact on the online community. I'd like to know why such essential titlepacks such as multienvironment or Platform seem to be completely left behind out of a sudden.
Something I don't understand is, new title packs menus are ready for miltienvironment packs, with only a small change being required.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

User avatar
Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo
Posts: 4532
Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 11:55
Location: France, Paris
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Alinoa » 22 Jan 2018, 14:31

Dommy, it's a workaround but it's the current solution for playing the plateform pack. If I could provide you with more information, I would ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Alcator
Posts: 99
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 11:24

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Alcator » 22 Jan 2018, 17:48

Alinoa wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 14:31
Dommy, it's a workaround but it's the current solution for playing the plateform pack. If I could provide you with more information, I would ;)
YOU as a level designer should be absolutely furious about this.
You should be screaming at your boss every Monday, demanding that the resources are spent to fix this.

I've even described what is needed (i.e., how I managed to fix MY own tracks). We're talking about perhaps ONE WORK DAY, plus a release.


It's been SIX MONTHS. Fix your game.

User avatar
Miss
Posts: 1998
Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 11:34
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Miss » 22 Jan 2018, 18:04

Alcator wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 17:48
Alinoa wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 14:31
Dommy, it's a workaround but it's the current solution for playing the plateform pack. If I could provide you with more information, I would ;)
YOU as a level designer should be absolutely furious about this.
You should be screaming at your boss every Monday, demanding that the resources are spent to fix this.

I've even described what is needed (i.e., how I managed to fix MY own tracks). We're talking about perhaps ONE WORK DAY, plus a release.


It's been SIX MONTHS. Fix your game.
Well, you don't have to be a dick about it :P Though I do understand your frustration. Right now, we can only speculate why the pack hasn't been ported to MP4 yet. Perhaps it's not as simple as we think, or perhaps they have a lot more important things to worry about. Being aggressive at Nadeo doesn't really help anyone.
1070 GTX, Ryzen 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

hackie
Posts: 1147
Joined: 19 Jul 2012, 22:43

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by hackie » 22 Jan 2018, 18:28

Girls and dicks :lol:

But I agree with Miss.
We all love Alinoa :thx:
System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Professionnal x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15104
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by TMarc » 22 Jan 2018, 19:17

hackie :roflol:

Miss :thumbsup:

Alinoa :thx:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

User avatar
nighthawk4571
Posts: 551
Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 06:39
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by nighthawk4571 » 22 Jan 2018, 22:59

Hey Alcator! Woo, wOO, WOO !!! :o :o :o

Please don't commit the sin of saying anything to, or about, Alinoa which is not pleasant. Please don't 'SHOUT' at her. In terms of our game, she is a perfect human being and therefore is untouchable. Everyone who knows her surely loves her. She is one of those who always go out of their way to help players in a most professional and courteous way.

* One of the others is, of course, TMarc, who is not paid for all the research hours, advice and good humour he brings to these forums.

I only butted in because, as one of millions of her fans, I saw someone (seeming to be) about to get nasty with Alinoa. No hard feelings Alcator: Just, please be nice mate. :? :D
--- On with your discussion. --- ;)

Cheers :pil
Nighthawk
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ.
Image

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk

User avatar
Dommy
Translator
Translator
Posts: 1899
Joined: 25 Aug 2011, 21:45
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Platform pack - level geometry STILL BROKEN

Post by Dommy » 22 Jan 2018, 23:35

Don't start unnecessary wave of hate here...

I'm pretty sure Platform and Multienviro are on to-do list, but not as highly prioritised as other projects the studio is working on. Just a little more time and you gonna know.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD

Post Reply

Return to “Trackmania 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests