You waited for it for very long time. Now it's there.
What is Invasion?
Invasion is about protecting pole from Toads attack. Toads become stronger over time, and after 15 waves game starts being insane. The game is over when 20 of them touch the pole.
As it's the Oversized update, some really oversized things have been added to the title pack! You can now strike a Giant that randomly appears in multiplayer mode, use overpowered Gold special weapons, use reload boosting Fuels and read stuff from brand new, beautiful interface. You can also play with Evolution in 4 refreshed and 6 new white solo maps.
Update belongs to original Invasion title pack, not Beta one. All changes are compared to previous release of the original title pack. Beta title packs remains unsupported since now.
The main features
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 various maps.
- Original Nadeo OrganicSmall Toad model for the minions StormManBig for Giants.
- Original Nadeo pick-up items with special functions.
- Animated custom interface with fancy textures and Eurostile font.
- 5 overpowered custom weapons made with Action Maker.
- A lot of custom objects made by the community from ManiaPark.
- Soundtrack by Woolookologie, Nerpson, MachinimaSound, Iamsleepless and Jedborg.
- Community made translations for the mode.
- A lot of fun for the players!
ManiaPlanet ingame link: GetInvasion
Direct link: http://adf.ly/11260983/invasion-download
Title pack cost is 150 Planets.
Support me on PayPal!
If you really appreciate all the stuff I do for you free, you can now share your support by donating real money through PayPal donation page. Every littlest price is welcome!
If you don't have PayPal and want to help completely free, just click the link below:
DOMINO54 ON FACEBOOK
DOMINO54 ON YOUTUBE
Source code on GitHub: http://adf.ly/11260983/github
Very first release: http://adf.ly/11260983/invasion-10
Evolution update: http://adf.ly/11260983/invasion-evolution
Build a map
To build a map, just follow these steps:
1. Create a map with road for the Toads, without any breaks in it.
2. Place Goal at the end of the road and optionally Collector (crystal) as start decoration.
3. Put at least one Spawn near the Goal. You can place more Spawns in other areas to make players appear as close Toads as possible. Remember to put something in front of it to avoid Toads projectile rush.
4. Go to the objects mode, click Path Mode and draw a path from Collector to the Goal. Paths can use bumpers trajectory to skip some parts of the maps.
5. Your map can use multiple paths, if you're creating large playground.
6. Place some Fuels (blue crystals) and Armors in different easy to reach spots to provide power supplies for the players. You can use Armor pedestal plate as extra sign indicating where Armor is spawning.
7. Place some Gold crystals in special spots to allow players to use special power weapons. Only one Gold is spawned during the game, the closest one to all players.
8. Test your map (validate it) and set medal scores in objectives tab (like in TrackMania). Here you can also specify some extra map settings.
9. Calculate shadows, save map and you're done!
I'm open for suggestions/wishes from your side!
Changelog in comparison with 1.0
2015-10-01 // Invasion 2.1 "Oversized"
- Preparation time before first wave is now 10 seconds long (instead 5).
- Time between waves is now 20 seconds long (instead 15).
- Increased number of waves before Invasion mode to 15 (from 10).
- Score is shown as multipled by 10.
- In solo campaign:
- Player obtain medals for points (instead survived time).
- Player gets 10 points for every survived second.
- Preparation time does no longer count to the time score.
- 10 points for each hit.
- Removing 10 points when player respawn or eliminated by OffZone.
- 10 points for every player healed with Armor or boosted by Fuel items.
- Now always equipped with Rocket.
- Stuck Toads are automatically eliminated after 10 seconds.
- Water is eliminating Toads instantly.
- Toads statistics depend on the game difficulty.
- Difficulty grows smoothly from 0% to 100% during waves.
- In Invasion mode difficulty is always set at 100%.
- Armor growth
- Toads armor increases by 1 every 3 waves.
- In Invasion mode armor increases by 1 every 45 seconds.
- Toads can have up to 99 armors now.
- Special Toads
- Gimp Toads
- Turquoise color, blinking energy light, shoot white Rockets.
- Count as 2 when touching the Pole.
- Chance 1/4 of dropping Fuel when eliminated.
- Weapon Toads
- Equipped with weapon different than Rocket.
- Weapon rotation is Nucleus > Laser > Arrow.
- Colors: Nucleus - blue, Laser - red, Arrow - yellow.
- Bots with normal player model and blinking outline.
- Searching nearest player and walking straight to him.
- Orange color when chasing a player, green while normal behavior.
- Mini-boss, can occasionally spawn instead Zombie.
- Spawn only in multiplayer with at least 3 players connected.
- Has 150 armors + 10 for every player connected to the server.
- Count as 10 when touching the pole.
- Has its own health bar displayed under timer.
- Can be up to 4 Giants at once.
- Can now heal all players within 5 meters.
- Can't pick up Armor with full health, unless there is hurt player nearby.
- Fuel crystal
- Gives 3x reload boost for 3 seconds on pick.
- Can boost all players within 5 meters.
- Reload boost stack when picking up multiple Fuels.
- Gold crystal
- Gives random special weapon for 10 seconds.
- Available weapons are: Energy Charge, Frozen Arrow, Plasma Grenade, Torpede, Wide Rail.
- Weapon time is extended 2 seconds for each Evolution level greater than 1.
- Spawns as close to the players as possible.
- New organization of the campaign.
- At the moment only 10 white maps are available to play.
- Removed some maps to add them later and included new ones.
- Updated visuals and medal scores of the campaign maps.
- New interface design
- Added some animations.
- Functions and sheets stored in separate mode library.
- Uses Eurostile font in standard and bold variants.
- It's possible to see interface of currently spectated player.
- Added translations for messages and interface elements.
- Updated scores table design.
- Added new custom sounds.
- New title pack custom main menu.
- Pole capture gauge
- Icon with current Toads armor max amount.
- Added score label.
- Custom timer
- Displays status describing mode progress.
- Light shows current medal (solo), leading player color (FFA) or leading clan color (teams).
- Displays clans scores in teams mode.
- Medal progress bar
- Available only in solo, when map has correct medal scores.
- Gauge bar showing progress to the next medal.
- Displays amount of points required for the next medal.
- Gold weapon gauge
- Colorized effect at the border of the screen.
- Reload boost gauge over ammo bar
- Giants health bars under timer
- Global script optimization.
- New title pack image and remastered logos.
- During preparation phase PvP collisions and weapons are inactive.
- Spawns and Goals are now colorized Blue as in original Invasion.
- Server wont start game if there are no players.
- Increased title pack cost from 75 to 150 Planets.
- Intelligent player spawning
- Spawn selection algorythm for maps with more than 1 spawn.
- Players are spawned near most of the Toads.
- When there are no Toads, players are spawned near pathes start points.
- When Toads are close to the pole, players are spawned near pole surrounded by most Toads.
- Turned on by default.
- Now available also in solo campaign.
- Allowed infinite levels (in fact max level is 29, practically unobtainable).
- Critical hits
- Deal double damage to the victim.
- Chance 5% for performing a critical hit.
- Chance 5% (0.25%) for a double critical hit.
- Chance 5% (0.0125%) for a triple critical hit.
- Laser pass through is disabled.
- Friendly fire option is no longer available.
- Setting pole limit to 0 allows infinite game.
- Reduced players ammo reload speed to 150%.
- Incerased players stamina to 200%.
- Included original soundtracks by Woolookologie and Nerpson.
- Included some custom libraries
- Update checker (check script updates)
- Graph (track Toads amount)
- Fake users (create bots with fancy names)